986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/)
-   -   Technobrace (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/81126-technobrace.html)

davidnyc 07-15-2021 04:11 PM

Technobrace

Technobrace. New.

$100 + shipping

Email c y c l d a v at h o t m a i l d o t c o m for pictures.

CBRacerX 07-16-2021 03:36 AM

It’s this, right? TechnoBrace $99.99 plus shipping from Pedro’s.

Starter986 07-16-2021 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBRacerX (Post 638828)
It’s this, right? TechnoBrace $99.99 plus shipping from Pedro’s.

Yup. I, too, looked at Pedro's after reading the $100 post.

Clearly not a salesman. ;)

Further... it doesn't work on a Tip.

GLWS, seller.

:cheers:

davidnyc 07-16-2021 11:37 AM

ok. $100 or best offer.

It doesn't work on an automatic, but I guess I have no idea why someone would by an automatic Boxster, but that is another story. :-)

Stl-986 07-16-2021 04:03 PM

clearly you dont drive in bumper to bumper traffic for 2 hours a day. And rush hour in NC isn't anywhere hear rush hour in any major city.

davidnyc 07-16-2021 04:30 PM

My user name is Davidnyc as in David from New York City. My current location is in NC. You know, a person can move.

I lived in the Bronx and daily commuted in a manual Tacoma or S2000 to Connecticut every day in bumper to bumper traffic. I lived in Woodbridge area near Manassas Va and commuted to Tysons corner in bumper to bumper traffic in a manual Boxster….1 hour each way.

So, yes. I do know about commuting in the worst traffic. Buying an automatic is a choice that I had zero interest in doing with a sports car.

It was a joke.

By the way, driving in bumper to bumper traffic was great practice for heal toe downshifting. I can heal toe like a mad man now.

paulofto 07-17-2021 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidnyc (Post 638872)
My user name is Davidnyc as in David from New .

My user name is paulofto as in Paul Of Toronto so I too used to drive in bumper to bumper major metro traffic but I was glad I had an automatic for 20 of my 28 years there. My first vehicle when I moved there was a new 1985 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe 5 speed and it did get tiring shifting in busy traffic. Owned automatics for the next 20 years but moved out west in 2013 and quickly got my Boxster 6speed. Not a lot of curves out this way but plenty of open roads. And I also know how to heal toe, or side foot as I do it.

Good luck with the technobrace.

Starter986 07-17-2021 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidnyc (Post 638872)
My user name is Davidnyc as in David from New York City. My current location is in NC. You know, a person can move.

I lived in the Bronx and daily commuted in a manual Tacoma or S2000 to Connecticut every day in bumper to bumper traffic. I lived in Woodbridge area near Manassas Va and commuted to Tysons corner in bumper to bumper traffic in a manual Boxster….1 hour each way.

So, yes. I do know about commuting in the worst traffic. Buying an automatic is a choice that I had zero interest in doing with a sports car.

It was a joke.

By the way, driving in bumper to bumper traffic was great practice for heal toe downshifting. I can heal toe like a mad man now.

I'm bemused that you tolerated hours each day driving a manual in B2B traffic. I remember those days... too dumb to consider an automatic. I bet if you had a girlfriend or wife you'd reconsider, but guys like manuals so I get why you stick with the manual. :D :cheers:

davidnyc 07-18-2021 03:41 PM

Why the personal attack? Is driving an automatic that serious? Wow.

Did my joke about automatic hurt that bad? Ok, I will apologize to you and say that it is the smartest thing to drive an automatic in traffic. Feel better now?

harnishclan 07-18-2021 05:44 PM

Brutal and unnecessary all around. You guys would never say this kind of stuff to a stranger in person. Especially another Porsche guy at an event. “Lighten up Francis”

JayG 07-19-2021 04:41 AM

I have a friend that kicks ass on the track in a base 986 with a wusamatic

Starter986 07-19-2021 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidnyc (Post 639018)
Why the personal attack? Is driving an automatic that serious? Wow.

Did my joke about automatic hurt that bad? Ok, I will apologize to you and say that it is the smartest thing to drive an automatic in traffic. Feel better now?

Sorry, Man. I didn't mean it to be that personal. Just my sense of humor.

I actually would have preferred a stick but, you know... the ladies.

Cheers, Pal!! :cheers:

Starter986 07-19-2021 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harnishclan (Post 639020)
You guys would never say this kind of stuff to a stranger in person. “Lighten up Francis”

Oh. I would. ;) and :cheers:

davidnyc 07-21-2021 05:35 AM

Sold. Thanks all.... I think.