Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2021, 11:02 AM   #1

16 inch OEM wheels and tires for 986

I recently replaced the 16 inch rims on my newly acquired 2000 986 because of a wobble. Out of curiosity I had all of the rims balanced when I took delivery of my 17 inch replacements. To my chagrin, they balanced perfectly throwing 0 weight (see the attached note on my statement). I have a perfectly good set of 16 inc OEM rims that I cannot store.

Rims are:

6 J x 16 H2 Offset 50 mm (front)
7 J x 16 H2. Offset 40 mm (rear)

Rubber is still good for a driving season or more. They just passed PA inspection while on the car.

I am willing to ship via FedEx, however, buyer covers all costs including packaging. I just want to drop off and go. FedEx does ship to Canada.

$800 - please send inquiries via private message on this forum. If you have questions that would help other buyers, ask away.

Chris Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 04:11 PM   #2
Tires/wheels

Although only one photo shows the tire size clearly, it appears to be 265/35-18; and, IIRC, that wheel style was not made in 16” diameter. Do you have the right photos in your post?
old911doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 05:27 AM   #3

old911doc - I think I just want to crawl under a rock. Not only are these the correct photos, but are more desirable than the 17 inch I just purchased now that I know they balance. I am taking these off the market while I sort this out. Thank you for the correction. I had a Datsun 311 Roadster for many years and had a mentor along the way that guided me and kept me focused on the details. Apparently I have not outgrown the need for that.
Old 07-05-2021, 05:29 AM   #4

Off-the-market

Everyone, taking these wheels off the market. Thank you.
Old 07-05-2021, 10:13 AM   #5

Which 17's did you buy? These wheels are some of the best looking OEM Boxster wheels (maybe only second to the Carrera II's IMO) but they are also the heaviest. Just an FYI to help you decide.

Javi Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wheels