Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2019, 01:17 PM   #1

Cheap ebay boxster exhaust fs from 1999 2.5

Just got a new to me 99 2.5 tip boxster that prior owner installed what appears to be one of the $$250-$300 cheap exhaust systems. Sounds great at idle, but the dang drone at 2-3000 rpms is deafening!! I had a headache driving it home yesterday. As soon as i get a oem replacement someone local or close to NC can have this sucker for $50!!! Looks like new!

Kboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 01:23 PM   #2
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kboggs View Post
Just got a new to me 99 2.5 tip boxster that prior owner installed what appears to be one of the $$250-$300 cheap exhaust systems. Sounds great at idle, but the dang drone at 2-3000 rpms is deafening!! I had a headache driving it home yesterday. As soon as i get a oem replacement someone local or close to NC can have this sucker for $50!!! Looks like new!
I'm going to start the line. In the event you don't find someone local (150 miles to me is "local" and "close") I'd be interested in it shipped to 92262. That said... you could do the math on the shipping (no overnight or RUSH, it could take 3 weeks for all I care) and PM me when you're ready... and we'll go from there.

Thanks. And, uh, welcome to the forum.
Old 11-16-2019, 02:21 PM   #3

Will keep that in mind, but hoping to find someone local, when i get it off will be tempted to get rid of it asap
Old 11-17-2019, 02:50 AM   #4
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kboggs View Post
Will keep that in mind, but hoping to find someone local, when i get it off will be tempted to get rid of it asap
Local is better. Then you don't have to pack it up... a pain. GLWS, but keep me in mind. Thanks!
Old 11-18-2019, 06:36 AM   #5
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
I have a few extra stock mufflers laying around. If you want one, shipping cost would be about $50. I expect that it won't be hard to find one locally in a major urban area though.
Also, I was doing some clean-up this past weekend and found a variety of springs. I haven't found a full matching set, but I still have more junk to sort. (colored paint marks the spring model), but if any of them would be useful, let me know.

Here's a basic explanation of the markings. The color coding can be found for each spring set in the parts catalog (downloadable here: https://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesandservices/classic/genuineparts/originalpartscatalogue/ ).

Last edited by 78F350; 11-18-2019 at 06:41 AM.
78F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 12:17 PM   #6

Thanks, but have a muffler and used spring set already on the way from ebay, but let you know if I need anything else!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk