Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2019, 09:12 PM   #1
Who's askin'?

Parts- sellers beware; member Dijinn cannot be trusted.

I don't think this is inappropriate, after all, I warned him that if he didn't have a better answer for me about when he was going to pay me, I was going to let the forum know.

Stiffed me for $75. Even after I cut him a smoking deal on the calipers.

Guy's name is Jin Lee, from Florida.

Beware.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 09:35 AM   #2
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
I don't think this is inappropriate, after all, I warned him that if he didn't have a better answer for me about when he was going to pay me, I was going to let the forum know.

Stiffed me for $75. Even after I cut him a smoking deal on the calipers.

Guy's name is Jin Lee, from Florida.

Beware.

Jin Lee, huh? That's a start. Does he own a home? Is he employed? Married? lol. Lets get your ****************ing money back.
Old 07-14-2019, 10:33 AM   #3
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post
Jin Lee, huh? That's a start. Does he own a home? Is he employed? Married? lol. Lets get your ****************ing money back.
Hahaha, I thought you might say that.

I'm quite willing to let my $75 be the price of the forum learning not to deal with him.

I'm also a forgiving sort. That doesn't mean that if he pays me, all is forgiven. But if he comes with real contrition, I'm all for second chances.

Thanks though, starter986!

Old 07-15-2019, 03:56 AM   #4
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Hahaha, I thought you might say that.

I'm quite willing to let my $75 be the price of the forum learning not to deal with him.

I'm also a forgiving sort. That doesn't mean that if he pays me, all is forgiven. But if he comes with real contrition, I'm all for second chances.

Thanks though, starter986!

I had a guy screw me out of $75 for a document I prepared for his wife. Went through my usual works-everytime routine and he Western Union-ed me the cash the very day he received my corespondence (email). It was either that or the lien I was going to place on his house would be awfully hard to remove.

I have a short fuse for anyone that screws other people out of their hard-earned cash. Whether it is $75 or $7,500... a dollar is a dollar, and I leave nothing... zero... nada... zilch upon the table. I'm sorry to hear you are out $75. I'm glad it wasn't a more costly lesson.

Cheers!
Old 07-15-2019, 11:10 AM   #5

$75 for all four S calipers? That's practically giving them away! I usually get $600 a set. I'm thinking the guy might have something going on and just hasn't had the time to pay you yet. It happens to me every once in awhile. I don't like it either, but it does happen. You just need to keep reminding them until they pay. In the seven years I've been selling porsche parts, I've only had two people screw me over.

Now if you know you're getting the shaft, I say hit them back twice as hard. You might not get your $$ back but the feeling of revenge is payback enough for me.
Old 07-15-2019, 12:35 PM   #6
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
$75 for all four S calipers? That's practically giving them away! I usually get $600 a set. I'm thinking the guy might have something going on and just hasn't had the time to pay you yet. It happens to me every once in awhile. I don't like it either, but it does happen. You just need to keep reminding them until they pay. In the seven years I've been selling porsche parts, I've only had two people screw me over.

Now if you know you're getting the shaft, I say hit them back twice as hard. You might not get your $$ back but the feeling of revenge is payback enough for me.
No, the $75 was freight-only (it was actually $72 and change). Utah to Florida. Two boxes. "S" calipers, with near-new pads & wear sensors (so, added weight). Utah to Florida.

And I agree with your patient approach. I shipped on 6/25, and let him know then what the freight charges were that he owed. I waited quite awhile, and finally on 7/10 I gently reminded him, and told him I was assuming it was an oversight. That's when he fed me this BS line about how he was waiting until his shop was done with the refurbishment before he decided if he was going to pay me shipping for them or not. Well THAT got me all lit-up..... as you can see, from the emails, haha.

If he had said "look man, I'm broke. Can I send it to in December?" I'd have cut him some slack, or asked for $5/month, or something.
but his response was just "dick-like".
Old 07-15-2019, 09:23 PM   #7

Quote:

And I agree with your patient approach. I shipped on 6/25, and let him know then what the freight charges were that he owed. I waited quite awhile, and finally on 7/10 I gently reminded him, and told him I was assuming it was an oversight. That's when he fed me this BS line about how he was waiting until his shop was done with the refurbishment before he decided if he was going to pay me shipping for them or not. Well THAT got me all lit-up..... as you can see, from the emails, haha.

Well that's definitely a dick move.
Old 07-25-2019, 09:05 PM   #8
Who's askin'?

Fwiw: dijinn (jin lee) is lurking around here. He may not be posting, but his profile shows his recent login, etc.

If you receive PM's from him trying to do business with you, just remember he cannot be trusted.

(Jinlee, it'd be so much easier to just honor the deal we made, wouldn't it?)

Old 07-25-2019, 09:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Fwiw: dijinn (jin lee) is lurking around here. He may not be posting, but his profile shows his recent login, etc.

If you receive PM's from him trying to do business with you, just remember he cannot be trusted.

(Jinlee, it'd be so much easier to just honor the deal we made, wouldn't it?)

Sorry you had to go through this.

I've been selling car parts since 2001. I just do it as a hobby. Ive had so many people waste my time. Got scammed like you a few times, too.

Seems like selling on eBay is the easiest. Dealing with forums has been difficult. To the point where it's not worth it.

Anyway, good luck. I hope you sell your parts and never have to worry dealing with these kinds of people.
Prelude Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 11:00 PM   #10

Uh, why did you send the parts before being paid?
Geof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 04:12 AM   #11
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof3 View Post
I believe he was paid for the parts... but the shipping cost was to be ironed out.

Jin... man up. Pay the $75. Or, is that the price for which you'll sell your dignity? Cross me mother****************er and I'll own you.

You're a ****************ing Porsche owner now. ****************ing act like it.
Old 07-26-2019, 05:34 AM   #12
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof3 View Post
Uhh.... that's kinda like asking a victim of home-invasion why they left the front door unlocked. You really think this is MY fault?

Old 08-20-2019, 08:30 PM   #13
Who's askin'?

Just cuz I'm bored, I looked again. Jinlee (dijinn) has been lurking around the forum again. It's as though he wants to see what I'm saying about him.....
I wish he had a pair, and felt like trying to tell us his story.....

Old 08-21-2019, 03:20 AM   #14
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Maytag...

PM me his address... the one to which you shipped the calipers. If you have his telephone number, or any other of his personally identifiable information, that would be gold. Once I confirm his identify you simply grant me POA, and I'll take it from there.

I'll hold everything in confidence.
Old 08-21-2019, 03:28 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post
Maytag...

PM me his address... the one to which you shipped the calipers. If you have his telephone number, or any other of his personally identifiable information, that would be gold. Once I confirm his identify you simply grant me POA, and I'll take it from there.

I'll hold everything in confidence.
Ha, love it