Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2019, 09:42 AM   #1

Set of 18" LT Alloy Carrera wheels

Just thought I'd throw these on here and see if there's any interest. Removed from a 40k 986. No dents,bends or curb rash, wheels are straight. They do need repainted. I've tried to repaint them several times but I can't paint wheels anymore it seems. They come with a brand new, less than 200 miles, tires. Don't really want to ship so Midwesterners? I think they are reasonably worth $800. So if you don't mind repainting, im sick of trying, email me. Thanks

Jbauer4363@aol.com

JBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 03:22 PM   #2

So you painted them black and the black paint is peeling? I can’t really see what is going on here.
davidnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 06:14 PM   #3

I painted them titanium because I was going with matching wheels and stripes. Pull on the stripes and it looked awful. So I painted them back silver and went to silver stripes but it was during the winter and it didn't turn out very well. Painted them again and still didn't go well. Then I plastidip them back to titanium. Bought new tires. Then a set of 19s I wanted showed up and I bought them. Peeled the plastidip off and was going to refinish them right. Painted one and got runs and I'm sick of messing with it.

The titanium:

Then back to silver with silver stripes.

Last edited by JBauer; 06-12-2019 at 04:05 PM.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:03 PM   #4

Price Reduction!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBauer View Post
Just thought I'd throw these on here and see if there's any interest. Removed from a 40k 986. No dents,bends or curb rash, wheels are straight. They do need repainted. I've tried to repaint them several times but I can't paint wheels anymore it seems. They come with a brand new, less than 200 miles, tires. Don't really want to ship so Midwesterners? I think they are reasonably worth $800. So if you don't mind repainting, im sick of trying, email me. Thanks

Jbauer4363@aol.com

Going to add a set of center caps, a set of 15mm spacers with lug bolts and lower the price to $600 for everything. Must be completed by June 26th.
Old 06-13-2019, 05:57 AM   #5

Carrera Light Wheels

PM sent for wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBauer View Post
Going to add a set of center caps, a set of 15mm spacers with lug bolts and lower the price to $600 for everything. Must be completed by June 26th.
alynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 06:53 AM   #6

I'm interested. How close are you to the Indiana/Michigan line?
2ata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:57 AM   #7

The wheels are sold.

Thanks for the overwhelming response.

Last edited by JBauer; 06-13-2019 at 08:23 AM.