Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2019, 10:40 AM   #1

Garage
2 sets of headlights

Hi All,

I have two sets of headlights for sale. In Seattle, WA but willing to ship at buyers expense.

1st set:

Fred's (Nine8Six) Bi-Xenon custom projectors with CCFL's installed by Charles (Particlewave) .

In good condition, but the Angel eyes were not working when I purchased them from a fellow forum member. CCFL's work perfectly.

Selling it at cost for what I paid for them $750

2nd set:

Litronics that came with the car, slight yellowing on outer lense, but overall in good condition. Will come with headlight nozzle corner trim

Sale price $650 OBO

2000 Boxster S, SPEC stage 1 clutch, Fabspeed sport headers, Fabspeed secondary cat deletes, Billy&Boat muffler, EVOM air intake, Ben006's Custom Short Shifter, Pedro's TechnoBrace, Eibach rear sway bar, De-snorkeled, Fred's custom projector HL
Dubaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 11:44 AM   #2
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Some additional info on the first set: the CCFL DRLs are on with the parking lights only. They are on relays (inside the headlights) so that they shut off when the main beams are on.

They don't photograph well, so here is a clearer picture showing how they actually look in person. They really don't interfere with the light from the turn signal (note that the seller has stated that the angel eyes on the projectors no longer work, so you're looking at the CCFL light bar only):

particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 12:35 PM   #3

Garage
Very much appreciated for the additional photo

My IPhone quality and picture taking skills are not the best
2000 Boxster S, SPEC stage 1 clutch, Fabspeed sport headers, Fabspeed secondary cat deletes, Billy&Boat muffler, EVOM air intake, Ben006's Custom Short Shifter, Pedro's TechnoBrace, Eibach rear sway bar, De-snorkeled, Fred's custom projector HL
Old 05-04-2019, 07:31 PM   #4
Need For Speed

Garage
Wow, someone better jump on those Nine8Six Bi-Xenon headlights installed by particlewave! You will have a hard time finding these again and these have the PORSCHE OPTICS engraved on them. The last batches of Nine8Six's Bi-Xenon lights he did for Pelican did not have the PORSCHE OPTICS engraved on them.

particlewave did my lights also and the CCFL (angel eyes) only come on when I have the l parking lights on. They still work perfect to this day.

See where the PORSCHE OPTICS is engraved. They also have LIMITED EDITION engraved on the bottom.

Last edited by KRAM36; 05-04-2019 at 08:20 PM.
KRAM36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 06:27 AM   #5

Garage
Can litronics headlights be installed in a 986 that came with HID’s? If so, is there anything that has to be done to allow full operation?

Joe
Old 05-05-2019, 07:17 AM   #6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgill View Post
Can litronics headlights be installed in a 986 that came with HID’s? If so, is there anything that has to be done to allow full operation?

Joe
Yes, it's a direct replacement to your existing headlights. Simply plugs and play.
Old 05-05-2019, 10:36 AM   #7

Garage
Call me dumb, but I am not familiar with the term “Angel eyes”. These would plug and play with my 2004 Boxster? Also, are the CCFL’s replaceable? Thanks, Mitch.
Blackcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 11:10 AM   #8

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcloud View Post
Call me dumb, but I am not familiar with the term “Angel eyes”. These would plug and play with my 2004 Boxster? Also, are the CCFL’s replaceable? Thanks, Mitch.
Not dumb, just another term people use for halo's as seen on BMW's.
As stated though, they are not working, only the CCFL's work.
Yes these are a direct replacement to your existing headlights for years 97-2004.

As far as replacing the CCFL's, I am not sure as I did not install them. Charles (Particlewave) would have much more to say on this than I could.
Old 05-05-2019, 11:19 AM   #9
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Yes, the CCFL bulbs can be changed without disassembling the headlight.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 12:01 PM   #10

Garage
Thanks guys. Appreciate the info. How much to ship to 11743?
Old 05-05-2019, 12:07 PM   #11

Garage
For the first set. Sorry.
Old 05-05-2019, 12:10 PM   #12

Garage
Quote:
Thanks guys. Appreciate the info. How much to ship to 11743?
Thank you Charles for the info on the CCFL's.

Blackcloud - I was actually going to get them boxed up and brought to UPS to get a quote either today or tomorrow. Will let you know soon
Old 05-05-2019, 12:33 PM   #13

Garage
Ok. Or PM me. You can get a quote online with the dimensions and weight via UPS on line, and they have a discount code too. Check it out. I am in Huntington NY 11743. Thanks.
Old 05-05-2019, 12:55 PM   #14

Garage
Quote:
Ok. Or PM me. You can get a quote online with the dimensions and weight via UPS on line, and they have a discount code too. Check it out. I am in Huntington NY 11743. Thanks.
I totally forgot about the online quotes, thank you for that.
I'll try and get the dimensions and weights before going to my bud's GOT get together...

11743 zipcode, got it.
Old 05-05-2019, 01:25 PM   #15

Garage
Also, do you have a picture with the CCFL’s on? Thanks.
Old 05-05-2019, 01:53 PM   #16

Garage
Quote:
Also, do you have a picture with the CCFL’s on? Thanks.
yes, they're the last 3 photos, as well as Particlewave's photo.

Last edited by Dubaday; 05-06-2019 at 06:13 AM.
Old 05-05-2019, 03:48 PM   #17

Garage
Second Set of Headlights

Sent you a pm.
Joe
Old 05-06-2019, 08:15 AM   #18

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgill View Post
Sent you a pm.
Joe
PM replied

Randy
Old 05-14-2019, 10:18 AM   #19

Garage
First set, Fred's custom projectors, sold. Thank you to those who inquired about these
Old 05-15-2019, 05:52 AM   #20

Garage
Both sets of headlights sold. Thank you to all who've inquired, also KRAM36 and Particlewave for the additional photos Much appreciated guys