986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/)
-   -   engine swap drop in (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/73472-engine-swap-drop.html)

compinsating 10-09-2018 09:55 AM

engine swap drop in

I have a project I have been working on for some time now. in short it is a 3800sc motor from a Pontiac grand prix mated to the boxster s manual trans.

before you roll your eyes... this is not a small build. The set up I have put together WILL put about 420bhp in your boxster. everything is new and I have about $12k into it.

included would be.

motor with fresh bottom end and fresh heads.
$5k worth of go fast parts still new in the box. everything to finish the build.. everything

adaptor kit for the motor to the transmission which includes clutch(spec stage 2), starter(high torque mini and new), nuts, bolts, and everything needed to mate the two together

boxster s transmission with 60k miles on it. along with knuckles and axles for a boxster s for those who just have a boxster base.. this would work for you.

would sell it all for $6k.... minus transmission for $5300

thanks
brian

ps. this set up would also work for mid-engine kit cars.

maytag 10-09-2018 10:26 AM

Could you list some of the parts you've described as "go fast parts"?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

compinsating 10-09-2018 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maytag (Post 580760)
Could you list some of the parts you've described as "go fast parts"?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

sorry guys i posted from work and in a bit of a hurry

let me rephrase that so i don't mislead anyone. I have around $6500 into the motor build. I have about $4500 into the parts I would call go fast parts. I'll try to break it down a little.

machine work for block and assembly.
magnafluxed heads that were reconditioned with 3angle valve job(these particular heads came with 3 angle from the factory but had them redone)
xp hot cam
ls7 rockers
ls7 retainers
double roll chain
oil pump volume kit
ls injectors
professionally ported lower intake
professionally ported and machined upper intake(supercharger housing)
NorthStar throttle body conversion with kit
3.0 pully
custom made stand-alone wire harness for the engine.
tall stack intercooler kit along with frt mount intercooler and pump(full kit)

that's what i remember off the top of my head without going out there and looking through all the boxes again. Thiers more but i think that give you an idea.

the heads i started working and have one about half way done. will finish doing the port work for another $300. my port work is very good and the machine shop was quite impressed with it. i just lost steam and havent touched them in a while.

There is also extra parts such as extra supercharger housing, lower intake etc. stuff like that.

i have done the research and to do the ls swap with a renigade kit or kennedy kit or supercharger kit for for the porsche motors... or a famous raby engine, this set up is FAR cheaper than any of them.... this is pretty much figure out your wiring for the porsche, make some motor mounts, and make an exhaust and you would have a solid, cheap to repair 400hp 2700lbs boxster... thats awesome lol my 911 at 300hp and 3000lbs is a riot so i cant imagine how a boxster would do with this set up.

again this is all new stuff. only thing thats used is the transmission which is in great working order.

hope this post helps. if i misspoke on anything... i will correct it this is all off the top of my head. i think my price is extremely fair considering the alternatives for making a boxster like this.

oh also just to throw this out there. i made an exhaust for my 911 and it sounds amazing. i made that same exhaust for a project fiero i have with this same 3.8 motor in it and it sounds very nice. i said that to say, this motor with the right exhaust(i can tell/show you everything i did to make it) will sound nice in a porsche and not like it got a cold ;)

ok i'm done rambling now.

redciv1 10-10-2018 05:04 AM

Im just wanting to know more about the build to be honest. Any pics of the mockup of engine in car as I am very intrigued?

compinsating 10-10-2018 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redciv1 (Post 580804)
Im just wanting to know more about the build to be honest. Any pics of the mockup of engine in car as I am very intrigued?

No sorry i have not done any dry fitting. I just did measurements with my boxster. Im sure their will be some stuff to move around but looking at the ls swap having to cut the fire wall and extend it and such, this should be a lot less damaging to the car.

compinsating 10-31-2018 03:21 AM

bump.. I thought for sure someone would have jumped on this. so much cheaper than the alternatives to v8 swaps or turbo kits but I get it, to each their own ;)

marfen 01-20-2019 03:16 PM

3800sc > G86/20 adapter

Sure would like to know where that adapter can be found. Kennedy doesn't do one.

compinsating 01-20-2019 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marfen (Post 587737)
Sure would like to know where that adapter can be found. Kennedy doesn't do one.

That guy over at kennedy is a cranky guy lol i had my set up custom made. To my knowledge, this is the only kit in existence for this set up. For everything im offering, my price is extremely fair... just sayin ;)

Brian

BobRickel 01-22-2019 12:37 PM

Those guys @ Kennedy are amazing. I had an adapter made for a 1965 Corvair Monza. I put an early 1960's Buick 3.5 litre all aluminum V-8 in the rear with a Porsche 914 transaxle and they were able to design and manufacture and adapter plate for it. She ran great and the engine was actually lighter than the original air colled boxer engine that was in it.

compinsating 01-22-2019 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobRickel (Post 587850)
Those guys @ Kennedy are amazing. I had an adapter made for a 1965 Corvair Monza. I put an early 1960's Buick 3.5 litre all aluminum V-8 in the rear with a Porsche 914 transaxle and they were able to design and manufacture and adapter plate for it. She ran great and the engine was actually lighter than the original air colled boxer engine that was in it.

Oh i did t say they weren’t good... ive delt with them as well. I just said they were cranky ;)

I had a machinist down in texas make this kit for me.