Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2004, 01:58 AM   #1

Boxster S TTP Headers for Sale.

I have purchased a set of used TTP Headers a while ago for my 2001 Boxster S but decided not to install them because I'm upgrading to a 996 soon. I will include all the four necessary OEM gaskets for a price of $800. Buyer pays shipping. Email me for pictures.

box986s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 03:52 AM   #2

hey there everyone. This is a GREAT deal. I installed these same headers. I also did the highflow cat and muffler obviously but if anyone is looking for some great HP gain they should jump on this deal!
FYI all, the install of these requires you to remove your front Cats(back ones will still stay in same location)since the headers are long and bring the car to Euro spec, and you will need to relocate the front O2 lambda sensor to a new location just past the gaskets for the new headers. This requirs some welding, but for this price and quality of parts, someone buy these!
Old 02-04-2004, 07:37 AM   #3

Is the bolt up pattern the same as on my 2.7L ? That does seem like a great deal.
satlanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 07:52 AM   #4

actually the ones for the 3.2 and 2.7 are slightly different in diameter. The ones for sale here would have to be installed on a 2.7, sorry it is a great deal for those. Too bad its just for the 'S' model.
The Gemballa exhaust I am selling works on both the 2.7 and 3.2 models, so it would work great with these TTP headers. Same kind I have
Old 02-04-2004, 10:08 AM   #5

This is a set of headers for 3.2L. I think it won't fit 2.7L. I've researched a lot of headers before I made the purchase and I am confident that these were one of the best to go with.

BTW, jfmillr, do feel that the combination of TTP headers and Gemballa gave you a significant amount of power? Do you have the ECU reprogrammed as well? How about exhaust resonance levels? Acceptable?
Old 02-04-2004, 11:57 AM   #6

Well my origional setup was the TTP headers, high flow cats and Gemballa Muffler, and yes I do have an ECU upgrade that was done on a DYno at every breaking point up to 160 mph. I think the HP gain gave me about 45 HP. I still have all of the same setup except I decided to upgrade my muffler to the RUF model coming out of the bumper. The Gemballa of the same likeness was WAY too much money for me.
I am still working on putting together my twin turbo fund
Yes I do feel that the TTP header in combination with high flow cats are a must for these cars. THere was a very noticable difference in ower and sound after installing these parts.
and FYI the exhaust resonance levels are very acceptable by my standard. I bought a Porsche to listen to the engine and exhaust, not the stereo system
jfmillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 12:12 PM   #7

Do you have any emission problems? Here in Southern Cal, emissions is very strict, so don't want have to worry about it every two years.

That's why I am looking to getting a 996. More power without having to change anything.
Old 02-04-2004, 12:32 PM   #8

None. I know here in VA were a little strict, but probably not as bad as CA. You see putting the new headers on does remove the front two cats. Most random places you will take your 986 to will still see the 2 rear cats installed and wont realize there is typically 4 cats on these cars. And as long as emissions on the vehicle pass up to 20 mph they will go ahead and pass the vehicle. Atleast that is my experince around here.

Last edited by jfmillr; 02-04-2004 at 01:42 PM.
jfmillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 12:01 PM   #9
Forum Member

are these still available????
3.4boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 02:58 PM   #10

Yes they are still available

Yes they are still available
Old 09-20-2007, 11:44 AM   #11

Are these still still available?
Stefan (Boston) is offline   Reply With Quote