Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2018, 08:26 AM   #1

Sparco Chrono Seats Pair New

Sparco Chrono Racing Seats New Never Used Pair, These are the large size for those with waists over 34", Recline-able. I bought these to go in my Miata but the wings are simply too wide to fit, they also include freshly mounted dual locking sliders. Seats were $500 each, Sliders were $80 each.......$800 for everything. I'd VERY much prefer local pick-up, for now I am not interested in shipping. I am located in the Cincinnati, Ohio area, Thanks for looking.....Mark.

coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 03:01 PM   #2

do these fit in a boxster? asking because i am looking for better seats but unfortunately not local.
dav9515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 05:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav9515 View Post
do these fit in a boxster? asking because i am looking for better seats but unfortunately not local.
Thanks but no clue. I thought (based on internet opinion lol) they'd fit in my Miata, the wings interfere with the window closing. Having had both I definitely know that the Boxster is quite a bit wider than a NB Miata. Since you are up east I really do not want to hassle with shipping anyway. The upper wings are pretty pronounced so keep that in mind, sucks since they are phenomenal seats and I really was looking forward to sitting in them.............

Last edited by coreseller; 03-11-2018 at 05:36 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:09 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreseller View Post
Thanks but no clue. I thought (based on internet opinion lol) they'd fit in my Miata, the wings interfere with the window closing. Having had both I definitely know that the Boxster is quite a bit wider than a NB Miata. Since you are up east I really do not want to hassle with shipping anyway. The upper wings are pretty pronounced so keep that in mind, sucks since they are phenomenal seats and I really was looking forward to sitting in them.............
Would you be able to measure the width of the wings end to end, and the same for the bottom seat cushion? My brother lives in Hyde Park and would be able to grab them for me.
orangeman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 06:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeman19 View Post
Would you be able to measure the width of the wings end to end, and the same for the bottom seat cushion? My brother lives in Hyde Park and would be able to grab them for me.
The top measures 22.5" wide and the bottom measures 19.5" wide, I just took those measurements from the front. It seems like that is also what Sparco says, these are the Chrono Large, here is their Seat Dimension Chart:

https://www.sparcousa.com/chrono-road
Old 03-12-2018, 01:49 PM   #6

Seats are Sold, Thanks

Last edited by coreseller; 03-18-2018 at 10:26 AM.