986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/)
-   -   Clear headlights (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/7017-clear-headlights.html)

blinkwatt 08-10-2006 02:58 AM

Clear headlights

Im looking for a set of clear headlights,halogen or xenons.

Wintermute 08-12-2006 12:16 AM

As opposed to the opaque ones?

:P

Actually, I really really want to change as well. But I'd like to get Litronics. Someday. :(

Michael Cassola 08-17-2006 05:27 PM

Affordable litronics

Gentlemen,

It is often in life that one gets what one pays for.....you understand, that's why you bought a porsche.

Here's the deal....I bought a litronic kit from vertex auto about 45 days ago. It has been more or less 6 weeks since i had my local dealer install the kit. Holy $hit.....i am so pissed off! I should have bought this set up the day i took delivery of the car. I cannot believe the output.

About a year ago I upgraded from the standard h7 halogens to the silverstars....good investment for the dollar, bad part is they burn out in 6-8 months....at $30 a bulb...not so economical, long term.

Enough said...here's the bottom line: Spend the $350 i did with Vertex and get the HID's. You will not regret it. I pull up on dirty vehicles in front of me at stop lights and the reflection off his dirty bumper is stilll brighter with my hid's than it ever was with the silverstars...pull the trigger...just do it!

The install proces was less than 1 hour....I kid you not.

Dr. Michael R. Cassola Phd

blinkwatt 08-17-2006 06:02 PM

@ Michael,

Are you meaning to say that you have the standard halogens and installed the HID conversion that Vertex sells?

Do you have pictures?

Either way I still want the clear leans from 03'+. I'm not investing anything in my amber halogens.

Michael Cassola 08-20-2006 03:59 PM

HID Conversion

Yes...i had the standard issue amber holagen lights that i installed the HID conversion kit that Vertex sells $379. I don't have pics but the difference is unbelievable. I almost upgraded to the clear as you can get them used from a Porsche dismantler out in LA California. However, $1,000 for the pair with no increase in performance seems like a lot to spend for cosmetics.....i could not justify the expense.

MRC

blinkwatt 08-20-2006 11:25 PM

How much was installation for the HID conversion?

KronixSpeed 08-21-2006 07:36 AM

honestly i'd put the real xenons on the car. i don't like the litronic kit for the fact that it doesnt have the look of the original xenon lights. meaning that it doesnt have the projector blub look, it sits behind the ugly plastic screen. where the original/real has this really nice projector blubs.

i have nighthawks clear blubs, that cost me $50, and to be honest they have lasted me 2 years now. they are just as good as the $399.00 vertex litronic kit.
the blubs also have a slight tint of blue, that look cool in complete darkness. regular street driving they are clear white...

spend the money on the real xenons, the look of the projector blub is well worth the $1400.00.

KronixSpeed 08-21-2006 07:44 AM

This is the projector blub that i'm talking about. the original real look. the other litronic kit does not have this look. it hides behind the plastic and really isnt worth 399.00.

i understand that these are expensive and not affordable, this is also why i have $50.00 nighthawks.

i attached a picture to show you how nice the real xenon kit looks. i'd like to someday do this conversion.