Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2017, 04:46 AM   #1
B6T

Feeler: 3.2L M96 & Transmission from 2003 Boxster S in Ontario Canada

Hi everyone,
I'm strongly considering doing an engine swap in my '03 Boxster S this winter. Before I start buying parts I'd like to gauge interest in the existing engine and transmission to see if anyone wants it, and what they would like to see before I pull it from the car and it becomes non-running.

Engine has 204,000km on it. I replaced the IMS bearing around a year ago with the Pelican parts kit. I have an oil sample from before the bearing was done, as well as from the last oil change, so that's two samples. I think I might still have the oil filters as well. There we no metal filings in any of this stuff. I also have a magnetic oil plug installed. I also replaced the RMS at the time the IMSB was done.

When I was in there I noticed that the clutch was recently replaced, and the dual-mass flywheel was well within it's spec. I also noticed that the air-oil separator was recent. The transmission doesn't grind and shifts smoothly.

I have the service history from the previous owner, who was in the US. The car was serviced solely at a Porsche dealership and he took good care of it. There is more maintenance that I haven't mentioned.

There is nothing at all wrong with either the engine or the transmission, aside from being high-mileage. The engine starts quickly and drives smooth. It gets around 8L/100km fuel consumption on the highway. It burns a bit of oil, the digital level indicator on the dash usually drops a notch over approximately 2,500km.

Before I drop the engine/transmission I will be happy to show a potential buyer the car and allow them to drive it. I can send oil out for analysis, and dyno testing can be arranged as well. I will accept a $500 deposit and delivery of the engine will be contingent upon the success of the swap, meaning I will hold onto the M96 until I have the new engine in and emission tested, so likely spring time delivery.

The car is located in Waterloo, Ontario.

Send me a PM if interested.

B6T is offline   Reply With Quote