986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/)
-   -   Wanted car mats for my boxster (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/66366-wanted-car-mats-my-boxster.html)

mjoshyuk 05-01-2017 05:11 AM

Wanted car mats for my boxster

Hi All

I'm after a set of car mats for my Boxster
Must be genuine and not bothered what colour or if they have been used but must be in very good condition

Thanks

Blackcloud 05-01-2017 06:46 AM

I have used set. Black from my 2004 Boxster. I changed to cocoa mats.

algiorda 05-01-2017 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackcloud (Post 535655)

I have a special edition with a Cocoa interior and I'm looking for replacement mats with Porsche lettering. Where did you get yours?

Cbonilla 05-01-2017 07:02 AM

That may be a difficult quest given my experience with them. My original mats wore through at the driver's heel in less than two years. The Lloyds mats that I replaced them with are still looking goof after 100k miles.

mjoshyuk 05-01-2017 12:26 PM

Hi
Just realised you in the US and I'm Richmond uk

dulmer 05-01-2017 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjoshyuk (Post 535685)
Hi

Just realised you in the US and I'm Richmond uk

You could try Douglas Valley Breakers. They have floor mats for RHD cars, and they're in the UK. Check them out on eBay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blackcloud 05-03-2017 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by algiorda (Post 535656)
I have a special edition with a Cocoa interior and I'm looking for replacement mats with Porsche lettering. Where did you get yours?

Google original coco mats. They have various colors.

algiorda 05-03-2017 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackcloud (Post 535896)
Google original coco mats. They have various colors.

Thanks for that, but I'm looking for originals in true keeping with this version of the Box.

PaulE 05-03-2017 10:42 AM

New ones are available from Suncoast for $119.95/pair but they don't seem to come in cocoa. They have:

Black

Graphite Grey

Metropol Blue

Boxster Red

Savanna Beige

Natural Brown

Sunset has a 987 floor mat set in cocoa for $92.55 but I don't think those fit in a 986. If you want factory cocoa mats used in good condition that may be tough, but not impossible to find. I have now worn a heel hole in my black driver side mat on my 2003 S. I found a Craigslist deal on a used set of front and rear 996 black floor mats, I'm saving the fronts for "someday."

JayG 05-03-2017 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackcloud (Post 535655)

What are you looking for them?
Pics?

Oldcarguy 05-04-2017 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by algiorda (Post 535656)

Hi Al, I ordered my cocoa (dark brown? - I don't remember what Lloyds calls them) color mats directly from Lloyds. They have copyright authorization for both the 'PORSCHE' and 'Boxster' wording and fonts. I went with the Boxster S wording rather than the original 'Porsche'. I think the 550 SE might have originally had mats that matched the lighter color of the carpet, but I custom ordered the cocoa color with 'Boxster' in Silver and 'S' in Dark Silver to form accents with the silver painted pieces of the interior.

http://986forum.com/forums/uploads02...1493930413.jpg

Oldcarguy 05-04-2017 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcarguy (Post 536054)
Hi Al, I ordered my cocoa (dark brown? - I don't remember what Lloyds calls them) color mats directly from Lloyds. They have copyright authorization for both the 'PORSCHE' and 'Boxster' wording and fonts. I went with the Boxster S wording rather than the original 'Porsche'. I think the 550 SE might have originally had mats that matched the lighter color of the carpet, but I custom ordered the cocoa color with 'Boxster' in Silver and 'S' in Dark Silver to form accents with the silver painted pieces of the interior.

Better pic.

http://986forum.com/forums/uploads02...1493932441.jpg

dghii 05-04-2017 01:53 PM

Those are great looking mats. After 17 years, my car deserves a new set.

algiorda 05-04-2017 02:07 PM

Wow, Fred....They look great. Excellent choice. They do look very high quality. I've seen the "S" in Red on Ebay. I may be leaning towards PORSCHE lettering as there isn't much Porsche lettering on the car presently. Thanks for the heads up! I love that Cocoa!

Oldcarguy 05-04-2017 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by algiorda (Post 536065)
Wow, Fred....They look great. Excellent choice. They do look very high quality. I've seen the "S" in Red on Ebay. I may be leaning towards PORSCHE lettering as there isn't much Porsche lettering on the car presently. Thanks for the heads up! I love that Cocoa!

Thanks! I'm really happy with them. Quick turnaround for a custom order too. I think they can do the 'PORSCHE' rotated to vertical (but retaining the horizontal lettering orientation) to the sides of the mats, but you may need to give them a call to be certain. I believe this is the orientation of the originals, but I'm not sure.

Cbonilla 05-04-2017 02:38 PM

I have the same mats, black with Boxster S in silver. This discussion has prompted me to take a good look at my Lloyds mats, which have held up far better than the OEM mats. But looking at the Lloyd's site I no longer see them featuring the boxster mats with the embroidered lettering. Do I have to call them and ask for a set to be made? Anyone know what they're getting for a set with the boxster S script?

Carlos

Oldcarguy 05-04-2017 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cbonilla (Post 536071)
I have the same mats, black with Boxster S in silver. This discussion has prompted me to take a good look at my Lloyds mats, which have held up far better than the OEM mats. But looking at the Lloyd's site I no longer see them featuring the boxster mats with the embroidered lettering. Do I have to call them and ask for a set to be made? Carlos

Hi Carlos, there's a specific link to get to their Porsche site. Google 'lloyds licensed Porsche floor mats'

Oldcarguy 05-04-2017 02:47 PM

Al, I think (not sure) that these are the mats our 550 SEs shipped with.

http://986forum.com/forums/uploads02...1493938034.jpg

Oldcarguy 05-04-2017 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcarguy (Post 536072)
Hi Carlos, there's a specific link to get to their Porsche site. Google 'lloyds licensed Porsche floor mats'

Carlos, I just sent you a PM.