Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2017, 03:29 AM   #1

Garage
FS: ISO Harness for 996/986 Base Audio

Hi All,

This is meant for installing with the Continental systems and allows for easy installation without cutting wires. I purchased this harness by accident, thinking (wrongly) that my car had base audio (turns out I have the M490 option). So...seems like a waste to toss this, so thought I'd post it on here. Paid $23 USD, plus shipping from Norway. Give me $15 USD plus shipping (from Canada) and it's yours. From the website:

"ISO 10487 power harness for easy plug-and-play installation of the Continental head units in a Porsche 996 or Boxster 986 equipped with the standard audio solution. (no M490 or M680 option) This harness makes installation possible without any modification of the original car wiring. Works with all model years. Consist of the following: Swap of Terminal 86s and 30 pins (switched and permanent 12V) This harness does not work with Porsche cars equipped with the M490 Bose or M680 Bose MOST audio solution. The latter relies on a fibre optic connection between the head unit and the amplifier."

https://www.bergvillfx.com/index.php/products/car-audio/iso-harness-porsche-996-boxster-standard-audio.html

dulmer is offline   Reply With Quote