Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2006, 10:20 AM   #1

Why?

I dont get it? Why was my legit add for the CaymanS engine delted?

Who owns the site? The sponsor's or the members?

B

We have worked with amateur and professional drivers for over 26 years. In house machinist, In house fabrication. Our cars, our parts, our engines, our transmission's run nationwide at events every weekend. We work side by side with industry names developing parts.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:25 PM   #2

Brad,
The simple straight answer is neither owns this forum. Brucelee and I own this forum.

This is why we personally moderate the "for sale posts"....we have site sponsors who have paid us money for the opportunity to place directed advertisements and we give them additional latitude to post "for sale" items too.

We welcome individuals to post their personally owned "for sale" items. I let your original post go through - assuming it was so esoteric that it had to be a one off type of item. We can discuss whether you would like to post additional items on this forum as a "selling channel" for your Porsche business/shop.
If the answer is yes, then Brucelee and I would prefer you become a site sponsor.

If you are selling personally owned, for personal profit items then go ahead and post.

Feel free to PM me or Brucelee so we can take this offline.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:19 PM   #3

I dont work for shop. I race a BOXSTER that is supported by a "shop" (like 50% of the racers out there) Not one time did I bring up that shop name in the ad I posted. I can install that CaymanS engine in anyones garage with normal hand tools.

I have ran/owned several Porsche shops over a 17 year period. I have traveled the US with different professional race teams in the ALMS and Grand Am as a hired gun since 1999 (Porsches)

I work in the computer industry as a security consultant.

It is amusing that people "jump" when they think something is wrong, when in fact NO rule was broken.
We have worked with amateur and professional drivers for over 26 years. In house machinist, In house fabrication. Our cars, our parts, our engines, our transmission's run nationwide at events every weekend. We work side by side with industry names developing parts.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:35 AM   #4

Brad,
So do you personally own this engine that is for sale or does the shop that supports you?
Old 06-08-2006, 05:18 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Roberts
I dont work for shop. I race a BOXSTER that is supported by a "shop" (like 50% of the racers out there) Not one time did I bring up that shop name in the ad I posted. I can install that CaymanS engine in anyones garage with normal hand tools.

I have ran/owned several Porsche shops over a 17 year period. I have traveled the US with different professional race teams in the ALMS and Grand Am as a hired gun since 1999 (Porsches)

I work in the computer industry as a security consultant.

It is amusing that people "jump" when they think something is wrong, when in fact NO rule was broken.
I guess I am NOT in the right mood this AM for your last quote. No one is forcing you to be here, this is a voluntary endeavor for all of our forum members.

You have a commerical web site where you sell your services to Porsche type folks.

In my mind that makes you a professional who makes at least part of his living in the Porsche/auto space.

To me, that makes you someone who needs to either be a sponsor or find someplace else to sell your engine.

If that does that make sense to you, so be it.

You can find another forum to post your engine.

Thanks.

Rich Belloff

Old 06-08-2006, 12:02 PM   #6

You have a commerical web site where you sell your services to Porsche type folks.

Can you point this out?

I own a club site like yours where I sell NOTHING. Not even used parts. I even manage to maintain the site for FREE with no advertising for 6k+ members and 4 years.

a professional who makes at least part of his living in the Porsche/auto space.

Umm. NO. I give away tons and tons of free information and solid tech advice 99% of the time with good digital pics and descriptions. I make NO money from the Porsche industry.

I spoke with Pete Stout of Excellence magazine about this two weekends ago over lunch, about how the "vendors" who place ads in his magazine *think* they can control the content. You will find that a LOT of people think this is ******.

I have ZERO to gain by selling that engine for a friend. I *thought* YOUR Boxster owners might be interested in something straight from the factory for their cars. Something that provides close to 100hp increase for some owners. You/The Vendors decided your group didnt need to see that engine for sale.

Cool. Keep up the good work! [IMG]]

Last edited by Brucelee; 06-08-2006 at 03:42 PM.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:05 PM   #7
bmussatti

THAT's FUNNY!!!

Last edited by Brucelee; 06-08-2006 at 03:41 PM.

Old 06-08-2006, 12:06 PM   #8

Quote:
So do you personally own this engine that is for sale or does the shop that supports you?
I do not own the engine. A friend of mine just had a shop complete a X51 engine install in his CaymanS. I told him I would try and help him sell the engine.

I didnt know it was going to be such a pain in the a**.

Last edited by Brucelee; 06-08-2006 at 03:40 PM.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:11 PM   #9

I just dont get it. Why is advertising money ALWAYS the bottom line nowadays?

I promise this site has 100's of computer guy's that would host the site for FREE, and maintaint the stupid MYSQL database and help admin all of this for free.

Is making money more important than sharing information?
Old 06-08-2006, 12:20 PM   #10
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Roberts
I do not own the engine. A friend of mine just had a shop complete a X51 engine install in his CaymanS. I told him I would try and help him sell the engine.

I didnt know it was going to be such a pain in the ass.

Brad, what is an X51 engine install? How many HP? How much did this cost. Thanks!

Old 06-08-2006, 12:32 PM   #11
KronixSpeed

dude you are worried about not being able to sell your cayman engine. i have one guy in this forum that follows me around and comments on everything that i say. n its always gibberish, he hasn't the slightest clue on how to post. i'm on my last warrning in here, for telling the guy to lay off me in a very polite way. never told the guy what i really wanted to say ##################.

its usually the guys that think they drive the best car in the world and have all the money in the world that act like this. unfortunetly there will always be someone better.

so many porsche boxster websites on the internet. i just hate the fact that these guys are watching what i say, when in fact i have nothing but good things to say.

check my posts.........pretty funny if you ask me and honest. never looking to cut anyone down. my posts usually come from left field. the worst part is that you or i am not giving people false information or scamming peeps n swearing our asses off n telling peeps that they are dead like honda forums.............n that you should be kicked out!!!!!

my problem is that i'm probably one of the youngest drivers in here. no 911 board would have this much useless talk...kinda like what i have just displayed....lol

seeeu

Old 06-08-2006, 03:40 PM   #12

Smile

I think Richard made it clear who owns the site. And given, the additional clarifying comments you made, I WOULD HAVE been inclined to let this pass.

However, given that you have given us the middle digit, I am now NOT so inclined.

I will edit your offending post and likely delete your membership.

Not sure if we will delete you, just maybe.

Maybe I will be in a better mood later, maybe not.

Thanks for sharing Brad.

Last edited by Brucelee; 06-08-2006 at 03:44 PM.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:57 PM   #13

Whether Brad posts for a profit, he puts a negative tone on the site...just my two cents....
Old 06-08-2006, 04:05 PM   #14

Brad,
Perhaps this is a solution... Tell your friend to pm me or contact me at 986forum@comcast.net. For a very reasonable sponsorship fee, he/she will not only get a URL link, they will be able to post engines and any other valuable parts that they want. I am confident that whatever they sell will more than make up the low cost of sponsorship. They win because they will have site visibility. I win because I get to defray costs. You win because then you can concentrate on passing on valuable info like how good the engine is versus worring about whether it sells or not (& possibly when they'll ask you for another favor)....;i.e the monkey gets off your back and the ball gets placed in their court.

Rkwei
Old 06-09-2006, 12:51 PM   #15

Smile

Brad

You can PM me if you want to continue this discussion.

Thanks

Rich

Closed Thread