Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2006, 04:10 AM   #1

Smile Posting Guidelines - For Sale or Wanted Items - Updated 9/28/2017

I have created this forum as an area where our customers can sell Porsche cars or parts. As such, there are a couple of guidelines that you must follow if you consent to use this board:

Listing Guidelines:

- If your thread does not meet any of these guidelines it is subject to be removed.

- For Sale items MUST have an asking price, and it’s recommended to have a location listed.

- You may *bump* your ad, but no more than once every three (3) days. Ads that have been bumped more than eight (8) times may be closed. After a thread is closed, the parts advertised therein cannot be posted again for four weeks.

- You may not create more than FOUR different posts at any one time, or have more than four posts bumped onto the first page of the classifieds at any one time. The reason for this is to allow space for everyone to buy and sell

- Commercial dealers are allowed to list cars for sale in the car for sale section without permission. Commercial dealers MUST obtain permission from an Administrator before posting in the used parts classifieds.

- No user is allowed to post product for sale that they make. If you want to list a product that you make and sell it to the community you need to contact an Administrator to set up your product in our catalog. Only vendors of Pelican Parts may sell product on our forum.

- No new parts allowed, unless you specifically clear it an Administrator first. Exceptions are if you have one or two small trinkets left over in a box from a long time ago. Selling more than quantity one of a new item is prohibited.

- No rebuilt parts allowed, if they compete with items sold by Pelican.

- No illegal items allowed (items that are counterfeit, or are illegal copies such as PET).

- Listing and placing links to used items on outside sites *is* allowed, providing that you specifically list a description of the item, and then give a link. No blind links. Linked posts may not be bumped.

- However, if you want to conduct an auction for your parts, please do not use our forum and use an auction site instead.

- The more text and photos you add, the more likely you are to sell. Add as many photos and as much text description as you need to adequately describe the parts.

- Try to avoid using capital letters and exclamation marks in the listing titles - these only serve to irritate people and thus they may skip over your listing.

- Make sure you have enabled "Email Notification" and "Private Message Notification,"and have subscribed to your post so that you know when someone has posted a
comment, question, or sent an email or PM regarding your ad.

- Indicate your geographic location, either in the post itself or by filling out the "location" field of your profile.

- PayPal (www.paypal.com) is a useful form of payment that is very popular with our users. People who accept PayPal are often trusted more, typically get paid faster and have increased interest in their listings.Buyers, please note that if you send money using PayPal’s no-fee “Friends and Family” option there will also be NO refunds or investigations into fraudulent transactions of any kind.

- Be sure to list your email address and/or contact phone number in the listing. Also indicate where the part/vehicle is located and how shipping will be arranged if it can't be shipped in a box.

- When the item is sold, simply modify your post (using the edit button), to indicate that the item has indeed been sold. Posters are not allowed to delete threads - only edit them. Don't remove the original information, as that will render it useless for people to research historical price info. If you're unable to edit your original post please contact a Moderator or Administrator to edit it for you.

Buyer's Guidelines:

You can reply directly to vehicle parts FS/WTT/WTB ads, but not vehicles for sale.

- It is appropriate to respond to an ad by either emailing or sending the seller a Personal Message (PM) through the board. We do not allow anyone to reply directly to the vehicle for sale ads except the original poster. If the individual did not leave contact info in the posting, please click on their username and select to private message the poster.

- Be polite, and don't trash someone else's listing. It's not polite to point out that the person is selling this part when there is one cheaper on eBay. However, if there are visible errors in the listing, it is then appropriate to follow up with comments.

- Check out the seller before sending your $$$. Get full information, including multiple phone numbers and addresses. Do a search on Pelican to see if this person has a lengthy posting history and/or has sold items here before. Bad news travels fast, so double-check the archives, particularly on purchases that are high dollar.

- Use the search engine, but make sure that you check the date on the ad if you reply. If an ad is from 2001 and you reply to it, it will appear like the ad is recent, and the part will probably have long since been sold.

- Use the search engine to compare pricing and availability of an item. None of the previous ads are deleted, so you have access to a vast group of listings that you can use to track pricing trends, and availability.

- Most importantly, COMMUNICATE with each other. Ask the seller how long the item will take to ship, whether they will email you the tracking number, etc. All of this should be settled before money changes hands. Most buying and selling conflicts arise because of poor communication. Get each other's phone numbers and addresses!

Policy on Disputes:

Disputes will inevitably arise, but bringing them to the attention of the forum should be used only as last resort. You should exhaust all other options -- phone calls, emails, etc. -- and have a little patience in allowing legitimate packing and shipping delays before posting a complaint. Complaints must be fact-based, non-hysterical, and not personally insulting or inflammatory. They serve the purpose of warning others about someone's poor behavior, and hopefully convincing that person to make the situation right.

Disclaimer:

Pelican Parts Incorporated provides this free classifieds listing service as a courtesy to our customers. By no means are the listings here condoned, reviewed, or edited by Pelican staff. Caveat emptor - buyer beware. We will not actively assist in mediating any complaints with respect to any transactions resulting from the placement of a classified ad.

Last edited by Luccia at Pelican Parts; 09-28-2017 at 12:22 PM.
rkwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 06:56 AM   #2

Question Why idoes my thread not appear in the classifieds?

I posted a thread in the classifieds and it does not appear.
porscheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 07:21 AM   #3

There is a delay in the posting for review. When did you post it?

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 07:33 AM   #4

abot 9:00 a.m. eastern time today.
porscheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:12 PM   #5

same thing posted and still nothing
clb0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 07:07 PM   #6

Posting Guidelines

How does one post an item they WANT? I've tried it twice to no avail. The posting guidelines don't say anything about WANTED posting or how to post what you want. Is there a tutorial somwhere on the site? If so, where do I find it? Thanks much.
garyboxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 11:22 PM   #7

I review every WANTED item too. So sometimes it takes me a few hours or overnite to get to them. Be patient....your want ads are now posted.
rkwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:33 PM   #8

Smile Speedster humps for sale Guards Red

Bought from GT Motorsports in San Diego last year.Painted and clear coated professionally in Guards Red.Some say pain to take on and off.Painless for myself.These function and look beautiful.Wife drives w/ top up 99.9% of the time, so down from storage they come.450.00(firm) + ship or swap for GT3 or some other beautiful front bumper cover.But must be flawless.Call Dave 951-966-7137.Located in So. Cal.
hotrodsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:44 PM   #9
abraham12

Stress level - Gives an idea of what is going through their minds and what is stopping them from being the best they can be...or if they don't have much stress then that is good
Family life - Are their parents divorced?, drinking?...etc..has a great effect on their mental state
Friends - What type of company are they hanging around with...are they in a good environment...are their friends supportive and encouraging...great effect on their future
Priorities - What do they value in life...studies or smoking or what...consequences in later life.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:41 PM   #10

parting out 2001 boxster

2001 boxster straight body needs major engine work. anyone want to buy it for parts or project
T_brannan@hotmail.co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 06:20 AM   #11

Send a message via AIM to REDBXSTR
My Ad did not post

I posted my ad today Friday 10/22 just after 10 am EST and I do not see it posted. Is there a problem with the site or my account? Thank you
19" Boxster S Sport Wheels, Preferred Package Plus-S, PASM, Bi-Xenon Headlamps.
REDBXSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:26 PM   #12

Smile Speedster Humps 986

I have a set of Speedster Humps that were purchased from my local Porsche dealer. They were professionally painted and clear coated in Baritz white. They come with all hardwear and protective sleeves. If you have a Baritz white Boxster this would be a huge savings being that the paint alone was over $500.00. I'm trying to get $450.00 being i have $2000 invested and are flawless. any questions feel free to ask.

thanks-
Jason
eldridge58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:24 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwei
We're pretty reasonable guys.
Reasonable? Absolutely.

I just don't know if anyone cares if you guys think you're pretty! :dance:

Thanks for allowing member to member sales of parts through the forum pages. It's helped me buy and sell a bunch of stuff here.

BTW - 5600 posts! Wahoo!!!!!!!!
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:45 PM   #14

2001 Boxster 2.7 Parting Out

Hi I Am Parting Out My 2001 Porsche Boxster 2.7 Auto! I Have Everything From Engine, Tranny, Ecu, Plastics Odometer Etc. Just Let Me Know What You Need!
xxgrindn4lifexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:56 AM   #15

what happened?

I posted a 2001 Boxster motor for sale and the ad disappeared. What happened?

Tim
Tim Costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:57 AM   #16
Frannie

Smile Boxster Hard-Top For sale

I have a Boxster Hard Top & Wall Storage Mount For Sale!
Ocean Blue Metallic * Perfect Condition fits 1997-2004 * Has Glass Window & Defroster * Only used twice!
Comes with: Tequipment Fire Resistant, Anti-Static & UV Protected Carrying Bag and Tubular Aluminum Wall Storage Unit. Asking $2,500.
Frannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:38 AM   #17

Wanted -- Drivers side wind deflector 99 Boxster

The thing just flew out and I have no idea where it went.
cuervo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:20 PM   #18

FS: O2 sensors, low temp thermostat

Just traded my Boxster for an FR-S ... we'll see how that goes.
Anyway, I have some new parts I never got around to installing.
All were purchased for a 2000 986 Base/Tiptronic - check part numbers for fitment on your car. These were all purchased from Pelican Part (great service!) and I've provided their web links. All prices include shipping to Lower-48 only.

Wahler (OEM) Thermostat, part# 996-106-013-59 - Pelican price $53.75, asking $35 shipped.

Pelican Parts - Product Information: 996-106-013-59-M2

Bosch Oxygen Sensors - I have total of three. Pelican price $170 each, my price is $120 each or all three for $300.
Two are the BEFORE catalyst (shorter blue cord) sensor,
part# 986-606-127-01-M14
Pelican Parts - Product Information: 986-606-127-01-M14

One sensor is the AFTER catalyst (longer black cord) sensor,
part # 986-606-128-01-M14
Pelican Parts - Product Information: 986-606-128-01-M14

BONUS - first to buy any or all of the above gets a free Mann filter (HU 719/5x) with o-ring and washer.

All sales final, check part numbers carefully. Payment via PayPal only.

PM me if you are interested. Pics of actual parts are below.

Cornell89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #19

Hello. I've this RTS Roof Rack for only one bike for sale. Its in EXCELLENT condition but no locks/keys or accessories. I think $300 its ok to ask for it. What you see in the pic is exactly what you get. Reason i'm selling it is because it's been sitting on the side of my girlfriends house for 2 years now because i used to own a 99 Boxter wich my dad got me and then trade it for a WRX STI, and forgot to tell the guy to take the roof rack along with the car. So if anyone interested in this, please let me know and ill be happy to get you back with some more pics or something. Thank you!

Photobucket
pomySTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:26 AM   #20

Garage
1998 base boxster-wind deflector

A BOXSTER TALE

MAX, my nearly acquired 1998 base Porsche boxer went to the Porsche doctor yesterday and the report came back that due to the previous owner negligence (changing the oil but not air filter for three years)- the sensor was burned out and it was not covered by my warranty. I was bummed and went down to the shop and lo and behold there lies two rear storage bags on my car.
I opened the dirty one and the content was the oem wind deflector. What makes it strange is I have spent $200 and countless hours replacing these very items. Wind deflector is over $400 on Pelican Parts so I am selling these items plus oem exhaust front unit-if interested call -Larry 602-301-1395

ljt_22 is offline   Reply With Quote