Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2016, 12:12 PM   #1

Garage
WTB: Plastic covers, front bumper cover, headlights, and a mirror

Hi all. I have a 1997 Boxster base that needs a front bumper cover in arctic silver. I also need a pair of headlights that hopefully aren't yellowed or foggy. I have a pair that someone gave me for free a while ago, but they don't seem to be working properly, and they're incredibly yellowed.

Plastic covers needed: Brake reservoir and master cylinder cover and battery cover.

Sideview mirror: Passenger side mirror is spiderwebbed and needs replacing.

Thanks!

cornontherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 04:56 PM   #2
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Rob, I'm on the road right now, but if you are still looking Tuesday, I'll send pics of an Arctic silver passenger side mirror and the reservoir/mc cover. See this for the battery cover: http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-parts-sale-wanted/62361-wtb-986s-battery-plastic-cover.html
For a new bumper cover check out this: http://www.********************************************************************************************/search/?filter=AND%28usap_wpn_tlc_name:Auto+Body+Parts+%2 6+Mirrors,usap_wpn_cat_name:Bumpers+%26+Components ,usap_wpn_scat_name:Bumper+Cover%29
With a coupon code from here:
https://www.retailmenot.com/view/********************************************************************************************
(about $300 shipped, but needs paint.)
Did you get the brakes sorted out? If the master cylinder wasn't good, let me know.

-Jon
Old 07-24-2016, 08:59 AM   #3

Garage
Brakes are being bled out at a local mechanic shop tomorrow, I don't want to get brake fluid all over once again. Thanks for the leads! It looks like the site doesn't have the exact match for the bumper, however, and if possible, I'd like to buy a bumper that already matches my paint.
Old 07-24-2016, 12:29 PM   #4

Garage
Quote:
... It looks like the site doesn't have the exact match for the bumper, ...
Right, the only bumper they have is the 03-04 base style (it will fit and 97-04). The professional matching arctic silver paint job on the one I bought cost over $300. The black one I painted myself was only about $40 in paint/materials

Here's what I have available. The mirror is dirty and still on the door, stuck in the back corner of my tornado shelter. Price is either a few $ less than what we find on eBay or .50 more than Woody would sell it for. If it turns out that MC was bad, you get $$ credit.
Cover:

Mirror:

Old 07-24-2016, 12:54 PM   #5

Garage
...and in case you do want to see that bumper cover, go to their web site and put this part# in the search: REPP010304P.
I see that the link I gave earlier only works if you have the right cookies set.
Currently listed at $368.xx and every week or two they email a coupon code for 20% off and free ship.

Old 07-24-2016, 04:10 PM   #6

Hello 78F350,

Not to cut in but I'm looking for the Boxster S bumper. I put that model number in and nothing came up as being available. Do they restock there supplies fairly quickly? Thats a killer price!
djw8282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 06:49 PM   #7

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by djw8282 View Post
Hello 78F350,

Not to cut in but I'm looking for the Boxster S bumper. I put that model number in and nothing came up as being available. Do they restock there supplies fairly quickly? Thats a killer price!
I just went through the process, short of paying and it was no problem for me.
The bumper said "in stock, ships in 1-2 days" for that AND the S style bumper.
My current 20% discount expires tonight. The only way I can get these to display on their web site is to tell it I have a 2004 Boxster, or make sure I don't have any car selected and search the part number.

I also see other similar priced options if I search the part number in Google:
https://www.google.com/search?q=REPP010304P&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=REPP010304P&tbm=shop

https://www.google.com/search?q=REPP010304P&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#tbm=shop&q=REPP010303P

I've always had great customer service and quick shipping with APW. YMMV with the Googled sources. Note that these are just the bumper cover with no grill/trim pieces.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:08 PM   #8

Oh ok. I just realize this is the 03-04 bumper . I was actually looking for the 02 S bumper. But thanks!
djw8282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:31 AM   #9

Garage
Is it a guarantee that these will fit well? I've been warned at every shop that I get an estimate from to not stray far away from oem
Old 08-03-2016, 01:04 PM   #10

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornontherob View Post
Is it a guarantee that these will fit well? I've been warned at every shop that I get an estimate from to not stray far away from oem
Not sure about an actual guarantee. Read the fine print, or call APW for details. I have bought two of these both fit well. They are a plastic material, not fiberglass, and seem the same as OEM. This is just one piece and will still need grill and bottom corner trim pieces. I cut a piece of gutter guard mesh for mine.
Old 08-04-2016, 06:33 AM   #11

Garage
Alright thank you, I'll look into those and find out if that's what I'm looking for
Old 08-04-2016, 07:04 AM   #12

From what I've heard they are a little thinner but overall pretty good buy. Like Jon said though, they don't come with the vent grills.

To answer your question posted on my thread. Sorry but I don't ship large body parts at this time.
Old 08-04-2016, 06:22 PM   #13

Garage
Okay thank you, it looks like I'll go through that website then.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:53 AM   #14

I have a set of litronics for 850 shipped
Trendy996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 07:32 AM   #15

Garage

It's saying that it won't fit my 1997 model, is this correct? Or should I not worry about it.