986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/)
-   -   WTB 986 Silver rear trunk lid in good shape Los Angeles (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/61180-wtb-986-silver-rear-trunk-lid-good-shape-los-angeles.html)

Richard G 04-10-2016 09:17 AM

WTB 986 Silver rear trunk lid in good shape Los Angeles

im looking for a rear trunk lid that is clean no scratches or dents or flaws, arctic silver must be reasonable the paint on my rear trunk lid is fadding something very ugly its cheaper to find a reasonable trunk lid than paint from what ive seen right now for my 986

thx

grc0456 04-10-2016 03:30 PM

Have you considered going at it with a machine and some progressive cutters and polish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richard G 04-11-2016 09:18 PM

i tried some polish but it actually looks like bleach was poured in the middle of it, of course that did not happen but thats what it looks like its getting bigger too

grc0456 04-12-2016 02:04 AM

Perhaps something was poured on the hood and let sit? If you can't polish out ask forum member itsnotanova (Woody). He parting out a whole bunch of boxsters. There's also a few recommended dismantler businesses - LA Dismantlers and another one in OK (I forget the name).

PorscheFan5 04-12-2016 10:33 AM

Richard,

Since you are near LA you should try Los Angeles Dismantler - Specializing in Used Porsche Parts for Boxster, Cayman & 911. I am not affiliated with them...:) I have done business with them and found their pricing reasonable. They are in Sun Valley, CA. Talk to Peter, he is a good guy. Let us know your experience.

Richard G 04-13-2016 12:45 PM

i might try LA dismantler they are a few minutes from my house, i believe it was probably just a cheap paint job the kind that last a few years its just deteriorating bad, i tried itsnotanova but he never seems to get back for some reason i have bought a few small things in the past with no issues.....i will look into all options also might get some quotes into painting just the trunk lid.... ...thanks much!

PorscheFan5 04-13-2016 03:45 PM

Woody (itsnotanova) is usually very responsive...must be a reason...

You might just find a replacement one for a little more than the paint job...;-) Once a paint job is not done correctly it is quite difficult to fix it...

Wise decision to look at all options.

If you talk to Peter, tell him 'Mahendra says hi'. I bought a 2004 Boxster with a busted engine from him for my EV conversion project. Project still WIP...:)