Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2016, 11:43 AM   #1

Free To Bad Home - Local Pickup Only in NE NJ

I'm getting rid of a set of four 17 inch Toyo Proxes T1 Sport Tires. Fronts are 205/50-17 and rears are 255/40-17. They have around 5,000 highway miles, no bad wear, no nails or bubbles. They ride and handle nice, but I can't get them balanced to the point that the shimmy in my steering wheel isn't annoying at the highway speeds everyone drives at around here. When my car sits for a few days or a couple of weeks they get flat spots that don't seem to go away after the tires warm up.

I have my original 18 inch wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 (N3) tires, the wheel vibration is minor with those wheels and tires compared with the 17 inch wheels and Toyo's. Tomorrow I'm bringing the 17 inch wheels to be checked out and have a new set of Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's (N3) installed.

These tires might be good for you if:
You only drive around town and never over 60 mph
You have a restoration project in progress and you want to put some street legal tires on it so you can drive it to and from the body shop, your mechanic, upholsterer, etc.
You have some rims you want to put tires on to protect them, or you need some tires to get a car off blocks
You don't care how much your steering wheel vibrates at highway speeds
These tires are probably not good for you if you have a daily commute that is 60 miles each way, mostly highway, and you don't like to be annoyed by steering wheel shimmy.

Send me a PM if you're interested. You can pick them up at my tire dealer tomorrow in Northeastern Bergen County, NJ, before they go in the dumpster!

PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 12:14 PM   #2

hmmmmm. 2hr ride for me.
alm001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 01:07 PM   #3

Not worth it in my opinion unless you just need something to keep your car off the ground - but you are welcome to come!

PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote