986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/)
-   -   Need a front bumper cover and possibly headlight stuff (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/60863-need-front-bumper-cover-possibly-headlight-stuff.html)

hazardc 03-18-2016 03:39 PM

Need a front bumper cover and possibly headlight stuff

2000 boxster S

I am open to other bumpers that fit and do not look gaudy... mine got bumped just enough to crack below the passenger headlight.

the passenger headlight popped out a little bit but it has stayed in place since i shoved it back in, I am assuming something is broke, so whatever holds that in, i probably need.

Silver, but I am likely getting it painted either way.

I'm in NW Ohio.

Deadeye 03-19-2016 02:13 AM

With the special tool in the tool kit you can remove the headlight and see if anything is broken. It could be the tray under the headlight or the plastic receiver on the bottom of the headlight case. If you need either part send me a pm I have both.

rfuerst911sc 03-19-2016 03:45 AM

Don't know if it is economically feasible but I have the OEM front bumper off my 02 S available. It is painted Arctic Silver. No visible cracks but if I remember correctly there was one crack down low under the chassis where it mounts. Could easily be fixed with some epoxy. $50.00 plus shipping. Greyhound would probably be the least expensive way to ship.

hazardc 03-23-2016 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rfuerst911sc (Post 487963)
Don't know if it is economically feasible but I have the OEM front bumper off my 02 S available. It is painted Arctic Silver. No visible cracks but if I remember correctly there was one crack down low under the chassis where it mounts. Could easily be fixed with some epoxy. $50.00 plus shipping. Greyhound would probably be the least expensive way to ship.

I will let you know.. that might work.. shipping might kill it, car is going into the shop either way.

dijinn 03-24-2016 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hazardc (Post 487917)
the passenger headlight popped out a little bit but it has stayed in place since i shoved it back in, I am assuming something is broke, so whatever holds that in, i probably need.

The headlamps seat in a plastic "bucket" that is then screwed into the fender. I had a similar issue with mine and when I pulled the headlamp out, the bucket was cracked. New bucket was around $150.00, I want to say... can't remember off the top of my head and I believe there are used ones on eBay for $75.

jcslocum 03-24-2016 03:57 AM

Woody on here; itsnotanova Is very good with the used parts...but he doesn't ship the bag stuff. He will have headlights and buckets tho. Reach out to him for stuff, solid guy and very fair with the prices.

mikesz 03-24-2016 05:09 AM

I have a front bumper off a 99 Base $150 + shipping. I would also recommend Woody he is very helpful and reasonable.