986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/)
-   -   Hard Top SpinLocks (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/58471-hard-top-spinlocks.html)

DarkStar 08-24-2015 02:02 PM

Hard Top SpinLocks
 
Just trying to find this cheaper than Amazon's 100 Dollar Price Tag. Someone help! lol. Porsche wants 163ea. IDK if they are made of Gold, Diamonds or melted Cubits but thats just outrageous. Was supposed to pickup the top out of town this week but looks like that wont happen. LMK 5052618161

nicecar 08-24-2015 04:48 PM

4.5 years ago I paid 90 for 2 spin locks, 150 for mesh rollbar PLASTIC windscreen! 75 for used visor and the list goes on. So here is the thing.... buy the new ones for a hundred way before you go because they are tricky to install as with alot of things on a 986. I tried for a long time before taking it to an indy who was familiar with install and it still took 10 minutes? per side. Good luck and dont let the hardtop get away.

DarkStar 08-24-2015 05:48 PM

Shouldn't be too bad. I have all the tools. Just... I was hoping Quality Porsche Parts would hit me up already since they are local to me, and they have a bunch of the brackets missing the plastic covers so maybe they have the spinlocks. If not I'm prob just gonna order Amazon, I found them for 90 on some other place but that place doesn't look too legit. Amazon for 110.

Or at least someone local that would lemme borrow theirs haha. Just so I can go get it, I'm 100 short for the top right now. So that means total I'm like 220 short.

I'm also waiting to hear back from the guy with the top, unsure if he has them.

itsnotanova 08-24-2015 06:14 PM

I bet there's a quite a few boxsters running around with them on and the owner doesn't even know. I've seen a few adds on craigslist of people selling their hardtop because they sold their boxster and don't need the hardtop anymore. I bet a lot of them left the spinlocks in the boxster when they sold their car.


Just sent you a PM about the stuff you were looking for.

DarkStar 08-24-2015 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsnotanova (Post 463177)
I bet there's a quite a few boxsters running around with them on and the owner doesn't even know. I've seen a few adds on craigslist of people selling their hardtop because they sold their boxster and don't need the hardtop anymore. I bet a lot of them left the spinlocks in the boxster when they sold their car.


Just sent you a PM about the stuff you were looking for.

Ty. Yeah I figure the same.

RobScott 08-24-2015 11:41 PM

I have them new in my ebay shop :)

PORSCHE 986 Boxster Boxter Hard Top Hardtop Fitting Kit NEW 97-04 | eBay


I can post to the US no problem :)

DarkStar 08-25-2015 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobScott (Post 463196)
I have them new in my ebay shop :)

PORSCHE 986 Boxster Boxter Hard Top Hardtop Fitting Kit NEW 97-04 | eBay


I can post to the US no problem :)

Thanks for the offer but that's 135 plus shipping. Amazon has it for 110 new shipped.

Porsche9 08-25-2015 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkStar (Post 463313)
Thanks for the offer but that's 135 plus shipping. Amazon has it for 110 new shipped.


$95

https://www.****************************************************.com/product/PK986SPIN.html

Try Sunset Porsche too. They generally have better prices then Suncoast.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website