Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2014, 09:52 AM   #1

00-04 Porsche Boxster 986 Manual Transmission 5-Speed 40k miles $550

00-04 Porsche Boxster 2.7l 5-speed manual transmission has been removed from 2003 Boxster with 40k miles.
Transmission has been tested, works perfect, no slipping gears, no noises. Customer decided to change engine to 3.6l, and transmission to 6-speed.
This is a used part, and it's sold as is, no warranty.

Shipping to US, Mexico, and Canada can be arranged through freight carrier, depending on your location cost is $100-180.

porsche-land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 07:27 AM   #2

Buyer beware. Proceed with caution:

http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-parts-sale-wanted/54949-porsche-engines-sale.html
Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 07:51 AM   #3

Oh no....these two are at it again....
Old 12-13-2014, 10:59 AM   #4
On the slippery slope

Garage
Why can't we all just get along????
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 11:27 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
Why can't we all just get along????
And you don't think a potential buyer deserves to see the real Porsche-land? Let the buyer be fully informed and make a proper decision for themselves.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:44 AM   #6

Just because they had troubles with the copyright issue with the name of their shop, why would that take away from the good reputation they have among their current customers and how well they do work on the cars that go into their shop??? Just let the guy post. He's not hurting anyone and from the reviews that I have read about his shop, they seem very knowledgeable and maintain awesome customer service

Have you done business with them before??
Did they scam you??
Did they do faulty work???

...or are you just playing bully and trying to attack him in every thread he starts??

Top_Ramen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 12:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by all_mota View Post
Just because they had troubles with the copyright issue with the name of their shop, why would that take away from the good reputation they have among their current customers and how well they do work on the cars that go into their shop??? Just let the guy post. He's not hurting anyone and from the reviews that I have read about his shop, they seem very knowledgeable and maintain awesome customer service

1) Have you done business with them before??
2) Did they scam you??
3) Did they do faulty work???

4)...or are you just playing bully and trying to attack him in every thread he starts??
Using Porsche's name is not "troubles". It's called stealing. Unethical. YMMV.

To answer your questions:

1) No- they are for bottom feeders (see the link to understand what that means from an entrepreneur's standpoint)

2) Nope, can't be scammed.

3) They use inferior parts. See the experts info.

4) Not at all. Just trying to keep potential customers fully informed.

You can post your links. I can post mine. A smart buyer deserves to know.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:39 PM   #8

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavor 987S View Post
Using Porsche's name is not "troubles". It's called stealing. Unethical. YMMV.

To answer your questions:

1) No- they are for bottom feeders (see the link to understand what that means from an entrepreneur's standpoint)

2) Nope, can't be scammed.

3) They use inferior parts. See the experts info.

4) Not at all. Just trying to keep potential customers fully informed.

You can post your links. I can post mine. A smart buyer deserves to know.
So you can't substantiate your claim, but you can call everyone on this forum that doesn't deal with the other guys a bottom feeder! ( no disrespect to the other guys)

Unbelievable!
1977 Lotus Esprit
Honey it's an investment!
Box4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 02:08 PM   #9

Garage
Quote:
Give it a rest.
Old 12-13-2014, 05:31 PM   #10
On the slippery slope

Garage
Quote:
And you don't think a potential buyer deserves to see the real Porsche-land? Let the buyer be fully informed and make a proper decision for themselves.
I absolutely think a buyer should be as best informed as they can so they can make a proper decision
The problem is that you have a hard-on for them and make unfounded statements about the company and the quality of their product without any firsthand or direct knowledge.
with that in mind, a potential buyer shroud be aware of your specific knowledge of the company and their products, which by your admission is zero, zilch, da nada, nothing!

If you had some real first hand knowledge, then it is fair to comment on them. without it you are just spewing BS.

Everyone on this forum already knows your position and opinion on them.
the last thread was closed by the moderator because you and others (including Porsche-Land) went off the rails.

From my own research, they appear to have a good product and give good customer service at a fair price. If you don't like their product, DON'T BUY IT!, but stop bashing them because they won't communicate with you the way you want. They gave a good explanation and frankly I would have done the same. Should I have the need for a M96 engine one day ( I hope I don't), they would be one of the companies I would consider. I'm not saying they are definitely who I would go with, but certainly on the list.

I did get a good laugh at your claim you can't be scammed. That is exactly what you have been as you seem to be drinking a specific brand of kool-aid (no disrespect the the other company intended) since your comments are solely based on what 1 or 2 people are saying. Are they experts? yes, but their comments are still their opinions and just because they say something is so it does not unequivocally mean that is the case. If the "experts" want to comment, let them speak based on experience, not hearsay Other experts have other opinions

Lastly I see nothing wrong with them using Porsche as part of their screen name. 100's, maybe over a 1000 on this and other forums use Porsche in their screen name and that has nothing to do with any issues using Porsche in their company name

I have no vested interest in any of the companies, I just don't like to see people slammed with fact-less comments
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"

Last edited by JayG; 12-13-2014 at 06:07 PM.
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 05:50 PM   #11

Flavo

Sorry Flavo, you have it wrong. Jake says the people who don't use his services are the bottom feeders. Personally, I'm very glad these Porsche land guys are out there with those great prices. I do think you may need a girlfriend though.
CHRISP357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 10:51 AM   #12
inveniam viam aut faciam

Personally I feel the negative posts reflect more on the character of that poster rather than making me question the reliability of the party selling the parts. The for sale post is simply for some used parts being sold as is. It is always caveat emptor.

Last edited by Qmulus; 12-14-2014 at 02:04 PM. Reason: typo
Qmulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 10:55 AM   #13

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmulus View Post
Personally I feel the negative posts reflect more on the character of that poster rather than me questioning the reliability of the party selling the parts. The for sale post is simply for some used parts being sold as is. It is always caveat emptor.
What he said, +10000
Old 12-14-2014, 04:17 PM   #14

To all the forum members who replied to this post (except for Flavor):
We appreciate your positive response, thank you!
We simply ignore this crazy psycho, obviously he's got nothing better to do with his life. His comments are really low quality, and only contribute to his public self-humiliation.
We'd like to see him spend over $20k when his engine breaks
Old 12-14-2014, 04:40 PM   #15

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche-land View Post
To all the forum members who replied to this post (except for Flavor):
We appreciate your positive response, thank you!
We simply ignore this crazy psycho, obviously he's got nothing better to do with his life. His comments are really low quality, and only contribute to his public self-humiliation.
We'd like to see him spend over $20k when his engine breaks
You too ought to give it a rest.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:31 PM   #16

Update: transmission is sold.