986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/)
-   -   SF bay area: looking to borrow 17" wheels (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/54448-sf-bay-area-looking-borrow-17-wheels.html)

amagalla 10-15-2014 08:39 AM

SF bay area: looking to borrow 17" wheels

Hello,

I have an unusual request. For those of you in the SF Bay area, is there anyone with a set of 17" Boxster wheels laying around willing to lend them to me? My car is being totaled by the my insurance company, and I'd love to keep the 18" Carrera lite wheels that are on it now (I'll square it with the adjuster first). Let me know if there is anyone out there with some 17"s laying around.

Thanks
Tony

steved0x 10-16-2014 06:06 PM

Check with itsnotanova, since it is being totaled they will just care that it has 4 wheels, if you can get 4 beater wheels on there I think it would be fine, I bought a set from him and even with shipping it was cheaper than any local sets I found. I had that experience when my son's Miata was totaled.

steved0x 10-16-2014 06:09 PM

Same goes for headlights/clear corners/side markers, if you have the good ones replace with some ambers. If you have lits even better, keep those bad boys and get the wiring harness too :)

amagalla 10-24-2014 09:23 PM

Help please!

I need some help in a hurry. I'm supposed to swap out the 18 carreras on my totaled car tomorrow. I thought I had some wheels lined up, but that person won't give me a call back so that I can pick them up. If I can't get this done quick, I'm going to miss out on the chance to keep the 18" wheels. Here is what I'm trying to do.

I want to "borrow" a set of cheep 17" boxster wheels. I'll swap them for the 18" carreras. Then when I get my new car, if it has 17"s on it, I'll swap them for the ones I saved, and give you back the 17"s. If it has 18" carreras then I'll give you the 18"s that I saved, no charge.

Can someone help me out quickly?

Thanks.

Tony

Chuck W. 10-25-2014 07:06 AM

How about this. Buy a cheap set from Craigslist. Here is a listing in the bay area for Boxster wheels and tires for $750. Offer him $600.

Porsche Boxster OEM 16" Wheels/Tires

amagalla 10-25-2014 03:24 PM

Well, as it turns out, I followed your advice and picked up some cheap ones on craigslist. The problem is they were 16" wheels and they don't fit over the Boxster S brakes. I'll keep looking. I'm still looking for help from here though.
Thanks.

Tony

Chuck W. 10-25-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amagalla (Post 422881)
Well, as it turns out, I followed your advice and picked up some cheap ones on craigslist. The problem is they were 16" wheels and they don't fit over the Boxster S brakes. I'll keep looking. I'm still looking for help from here though.
Thanks.

Tony

Ugh.... sorry about that.

amagalla 11-05-2014 11:06 AM

I was able to pick up a set of 17" rims from a 911. they were a little beat up but I don't care. I swapped them out for the 18" carreras and handed over the car. Thanks for your help everyone.

Tony