Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2014, 08:23 PM   #1

986 S Calipers wanted

Hello everyone!

My name is Ryan, I'm a vw/audi/porsche guy out in Denver. I don't currently have a porsche however I've had a few in the past. I do have a '95 URS6 Avant and I'm trying to get ahold of a set of 986 S calipers for it. I've got all the other parts needed for the swap but am having a tough time finding the calipers. I've searched ebay and most sites that I'm aware of on-line (which may not be that many) and the most I've found are just rears minus a couple sets that were priced way too high ($1300+ used) any chance anyone here may be able to help source a set??

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Ryan

Audi.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:25 AM   #2

Ryan, I have a set for $650 shipped. They will need to be repainted though.
Thanks Woody
itsnotanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 01:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
Ryan, I have a set for $650 shipped. They will need to be repainted though.
Thanks Woody
Ryan

Woody is well known and respected on this board. Buy from him with confidence. His integrity is beyond reproach.

2016 BMW M2, 6 Speed LBB - ED 7/2016
1997 993 Cab - Sold; 1997 993 Turbo - Sold
2001 Boxster S - Original Owner - 30K Miles -SOLD
Chuck W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:15 PM   #4
Reebuck1

Garage
I concur .....Woody is great to work with !! Go for it !
Reebuck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 12:34 PM   #5

Thanks for the speedy response! However after talking with a few shop owners up here in the Denver area I've been told that I should be able to find a set in the $400 range and for $600 they should be flawless. So with that said I think I'll do some more digging as I imagine you're pretty set on getting $650 for them?
Old 10-03-2014, 02:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi.guy View Post
Thanks for the speedy response! However after talking with a few shop owners up here in the Denver area I've been told that I should be able to find a set in the $400 range and for $600 they should be flawless. So with that said I think I'll do some more digging as I imagine you're pretty set on getting $650 for them?
You sure they're not talking about the Base calipers? I sell the complete set of fronts and backs for $350 plus shipping. I'm sold out of the base calipers though and only have two sets of the larger S calipers left. Firm on $650 shipped
itsnotanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 03:53 PM   #7

Yeah, that's what they tell me will work with S8 rotors and that the base will fit an A8 rotor. Maybe the market is different down there? I'm not the expert, just going off what they've told me. However it's starting to look like 600/650 is pretty standard from the little amount of digging I've done.