Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2014, 12:01 PM   #1

Arctic Silver Boxster Hardtop FS - What's the going rate?

I've got a great condition factory Porsche Boxster hard top in Arctic Silver. Located in Boston, MA. Originally from my previous Boxster, I kept it for track days but haven't used it in the last few years.

I'm thinking about selling it depending on what it's worth. I know they're hard to find, but of course it's not a gold mine either. Can anyone who's in the know tell me what they're going for lately? I'll look up listings in the forum as well.

Last time saw one listed, the owner didn't realize it's worth at first. I seemed like he wasted a lot of people's time trying to get top dollar for it. Not what I plan to do.

Located in Boston, MA.

Thanks.

winter.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 12:26 PM   #2
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Be sure to note if the mounting hardware is included. I know that is a good added value.
78F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 12:49 PM   #3

I would be surprised to see a good condition, complete OEM hardtop listed under $1500, but I haven't looked in a while. Arctic Silver is probably not going to help the value.
Old 09-28-2014, 03:06 PM   #4

I bought 2 hardtops this summer for my Boxsters.

I paid the asking price of $1,000 for an Arctic Silver top, cover and stand from a posting here on the board from the Dallas area.

The second top I paid the asking price of $1,300 for a Orient Red Metallic top off Craigslist in Tulsa.

The tops I watch on eBay where they are listed for $1,500 - $1,800 don't usually seem to sell. They are tough to ship, so you need to find someone local or willing to drive to pick it up.

I'm still in the market for a Black and a Guards Red top, I need a second silver top and I'll look at any top I can find to repaint to Ocean Sage Metallic.

I also need a set of Guards Red Speedster Humps and another set I can paint Sage Green Metallic. (I bought a black set off the board here last week (Chicago) and a silver pair from a member here last summer (Fla).

Tops and Humps are pretty hard to find in my part of the world (SW Oklahoma). If you've got something I can use, HMU.

Rick
Old 09-28-2014, 04:04 PM   #5

Garage
I paid 450 for one that hd some scratches. It had been on the local Craigslist for week before purchased.
BFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 04:05 PM   #6

If you don't have any success with a
Local pickup sale after a while, send me a PM. I'm in southern california and looking for an arctic silver hardtop but can't seem to find one locally when I have the extra cash. I'd be willing to pay 1000.00 plus shipping
oc-boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 04:27 PM   #7

Thanks for the input gentlemen. I'll try and find a good home for it, since it's just collecting dust for me... well actually, it's stored in a vented plastic bag.
I will certainly include my mounting hardware and the latch cover for ease of use.

OC, thanks for your interest/offer. I will keep you posted.
Old 09-28-2014, 09:58 PM   #8

I will take it for $1k including mounting hardware and will pay shipping to dallas
seangee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 04:47 AM   #9

Thanks seangee, oc-boxster already made the same offer before you. I'll keep you posted.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:55 AM   #10

thanks, I found another one but let me know as I have a friend looking for one as well

seangee is offline   Reply With Quote