986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/)
-   -   2000 Boxster base part out (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/52282-2000-boxster-base-part-out.html)

samrwalt 05-22-2014 02:49 PM

2000 Boxster base part out

Just blew an engine. Testing the waters on selling it as a parts car. Make some offers! Needs to go! Has bbs 18" sport classic II painted white and reupholstered seats.

tightbox 05-22-2014 02:53 PM

Pictures? Interior/exterior color? Leather?

Xcellr8 05-22-2014 04:16 PM

I buy these frequently. Many will express interest - who doesn't want a Porsche cheap? - but only a few can perform getting shipping arranged, paying promptly with good funds, and ready to accept as-is without complaining, or backing out of the deal. But... you must realize that you have the obligation to provide accurate and detailed information.

The lack of information in your original post is troubling. What do you mean by blown? Rod through the case, or intermix, or IMSB failure, or???? How many miles? what condition is the rest of the car in? Is the rear window good? Are the tires good? How about the seats - tears? Etc. etc. the more info, the better the bid. If I have to buy sight unseen, without any info, then I will assume the worst and my bid will reflect that. If you want best bids, then lots of photos and full disclosure about blown engine.

Hope this isn't too direct, but I'm guessing you knew already knew this anyway.

Let me know,
Thanks,
Joe

samrwalt 05-23-2014 08:42 AM

will repost this

samrwalt 05-23-2014 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xcellr8 (Post 401574)
I buy these frequently. Many will express interest - who doesn't want a Porsche cheap? - but only a few can perform getting shipping arranged, paying promptly with good funds, and ready to accept as-is without complaining, or backing out of the deal. But... you must realize that you have the obligation to provide accurate and detailed information.

The lack of information in your original post is troubling. What do you mean by blown? Rod through the case, or intermix, or IMSB failure, or???? How many miles? what condition is the rest of the car in? Is the rear window good? Are the tires good? How about the seats - tears? Etc. etc. the more info, the better the bid. If I have to buy sight unseen, without any info, then I will assume the worst and my bid will reflect that. If you want best bids, then lots of photos and full disclosure about blown engine.

Hope this isn't too direct, but I'm guessing you knew already knew this anyway.

Let me know,
Thanks,
Joe

sorry about the lack of information, it was more to test the waters. I will delete this post after seeing there is enough interest to sell it and repost a real one that is detailed with pictures.

Not too direct at all. I've never sold a car as a parts car before so thanks for the awakening.