Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #1

Garage
Scam seller

I had someone reply to my WTB post for smoked tails. His name is Al B Alvarez and from aa829538@gmail.com

He emails me telling me that he has tails for sale. I asked him what his name was on 986 and he said he wasn't a member. Then he said if I would send payment via western union. I said I only do paypal. And then no reply.

Watch out for this guy.

markskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:00 PM   #2

Garage
Another one

Got another scam seller from bigben1435@gmail.com from the UK. Did a google search on the email address and multiple links came from other forums/boards warning about him.
markskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:12 PM   #3
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Yep
Don't put your email address in posts...pm by forum members only is the way to go
Old 11-19-2013, 09:48 AM   #4

Garage
Always be weary if something is suspicious. I remember I had a guy try to sell me a whole 996 body from the UK randomly in my email. Laughed when the shipping was only 200GBP.
Kenny Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:03 PM   #5

I like to mess with scammers. Had one guy send me a check. Got a text a few days later saying his dumb secretary sent too much and could I return the extra amount. Told him I thought that was the agreed amount. A few text back and forth and he soon realizes I'm "F"in with him and then the insults begin. They usually stop even returning my text. I turn it into a sport. One guy I just kept sending text after text after text after text clogging his phone up. Maybe like 200 text total. My wife says I have a problem
itsnotanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
I like to mess with scammers. Had one guy send me a check. Got a text a few days later saying his dumb secretary sent too much and could I return the extra amount. Told him I thought that was the agreed amount. A few text back and forth and he soon realizes I'm "F"in with him and then the insults begin. They usually stop even returning my text. I turn it into a sport. One guy I just kept sending text after text after text after text clogging his phone up. Maybe like 200 text total. My wife says I have a problem

Have fun!

419 Eater - The largest scambaiting community on the planet!

2000 Boxster 2.7l red/black

Previous cars

1973 Opel Manta
1969(?) Fiat 850 Convertible
1979 Lancia Beta Coupe
1981 Alfa Romeo GTV 6
1985 Alfa Romeo Graduate
1985 Porsche 944
1989 Porsche 944
1981 Triumph TR7
1989 (?) Alfa Romeo Milano
1993 Saab 9000