Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2013, 08:06 PM   #1

WTB: aftermarket bumper,spoiler and sideskirts

Looking for a bit of a different look than the stock boxster and seeing if anyone has any used out there before i pay 1k+ per part online.

Parts will all be painted so used is preferred and color doesnt matter. I know there's many different styles, im not to picky unless it looks pure "rice".

They are for a 1998 boxster base

Also looking for speedster humps

Long story short, bought a boxster over the weekend and it needs painted and hail dents fixed and if I'm doing all that I'd like to give it a more updated look. Thanks in advance

Last edited by Brian0icu812; 10-08-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Brian0icu812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:49 AM   #2

The aftermarket bumpers have a lot more fit problems, so they just will not be as easy as a factory bumper. My suggestion is to go with the 03-04 bumper with the center open for a third radiator...nice look and you can get a used one for a few hundred dollars.

Old Hippie Young Heart
2000 S/3.2 Liter/Tiptronic/Boxster S Sport Package/Cruise Control/Slate Grey Metallic
Red Special Leather Interior/Red Floor Mats/Red Hand Painted Instrument Dials/Roll Bar/Windstop
Small Carbon Package/Leather Wrap Carbon Wheel/Center Console Exterior Color/Alum Carbon Shift Knob
AM/FM Radio w/CD Player & Changer/Digital Sound Package/18" Turbo Wheels/Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:02 AM   #3

RE spoiler, contact Stuart for one of his. Ultra light and perfectly molded and finished. Of course knock-off Porsche Part but 100% same less the third brake light.

Porsche Boxster Spoiler | eBay

RE Speedster hump. Again, not far from you:
Porsche Boxster & Boxster S 986 Speedster Humps | eBay

RE skirts and others, talk to these same guys about what you exactly need and they will find it in a flash for you. Brand new or second hand. Got a few mates currently dealing with those guys at the minute and they are having a laugh I've heard last weekend. No rip-off

If you ask me, Stuart is pretty switched on so you might want to start there

A place closer to you might be the Boxa.net forum. Based in the UK. They have a great classified for second hand parts.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:12 AM   #4

There you go; you can't go terribly wrong with this mate

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-Boxster-Full-Body-Kit-/300615891052?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item45fe1a786c

Unlike what you hear, FG aftermarket parts are extremely easy to prep and fit on the 986. It's a decade old car so lots of adjustments went into the mold since many years now

EDIT: and no rip-off exorbitant prices!

Last edited by Nine8Six; 10-09-2013 at 06:15 AM.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb986 View Post
The aftermarket bumpers have a lot more fit problems, so they just will not be as easy as a factory bumper. My suggestion is to go with the 03-04 bumper with the center open for a third radiator...nice look and you can get a used one for a few hundred dollars.
I was looking at some of the add on lips to the front bumpers, they add an aggressive look, do they fir well or just cheap plastic screw on junk that will just break at the first pothole

Brian0icu812 is offline   Reply With Quote