Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 11:02 AM   #1

WTB: 2003 or 2004 soft top, Metropol Blue

I'd like to buy a Metropol Blue soft top, frame and all, from a 2003 or 2004 if someone has one they are no longer using (spec racers?)

Bill

MalibuBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #2
still plays with cars...

Garage
Try searching Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

You can hunt auto dismantlers nationwide from there.

I'd love to do the same as you want to; get rid of the plastic rear window, although mine is in damn fine condition for 13 years old.
Arctic Silver on Metropol Blue | LN Dual Row IMSR | Arctic Silver console, spoiler frame & bumperettes | Crios mod | Technobrace | RoboTop module & modified convertible top relay for one-touch roof operation
BoxsterSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:59 PM   #3

Great. A competitor. :>) Thanks for the good info. I'm a little concerned about ordering a part from a junkyard all the way across the continent. I know where one or two are, but, I'd prefer buying from a fellow enthusiast on the theory that the part has received better care and I can probably get a lot more pictures.

I'm the second owner and replaced the plastic window soon after I got the car. The guy who put it in was highly recommended but his work could have been better and I wound up putting in another one which is in great shape. Because of the vehicles in my 2 car garage the Boxster has to stay outside. I have a car cover which I always use, but, I'd rather have a glass window for a lot of reasons.

Your car has good colors.

MalibuBill is offline   Reply With Quote