Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #1
San Diego Boxster

Garage
FS: Updated Side Intake Vents 97-04

Hey All,

I just came across this on ebay.

2003 Porsche Boxster Side Intake Vents | eBay

Someone should jump on these. Took me a few months to find a good pair for close to this price. This is the best price I've seen for these.

Great deal for someone.

1998 Black Boxster (owned since 2001)
drbodzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:03 PM   #2

It's gone.

Someone jumped on it.
jrcui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:56 PM   #3

HEY, those are my vents!!!! I didn't even get the email that they had sold. Glad someone posted on here so I could check. There is actually some confusion...I listed them for $55 each (there are 2 of them) and the guy sent me the $55 plus shipping. I told him they sell as a pair and asked if he is still interested. Sooo, we will see what he says. They may still be on the market. $55 for both sure would have been a GREAT deal!
heliguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:31 AM   #4
DER BXTR - Basalt Black

Funny - I'm the guy who purchased these! You should thank drbodzin for steering me to your auction.

However, since you say there is some confusion, I'd like to post my following response to the email I received from you this morning via ebay and clarify the incorrect statement you made earlier in this thread:

Hi - Your listing clearly states "2003 Porsche Boxster side intake vents" in the plural form. The item description for your listing reads: "I am selling the left side and right side air intake vents from my 2003 Porsche Boxster. These vents will also fit your 1997-2002 Boxster and update its styling."

Your listing does not specify that the auction is for an invidual vent; Left or Right. Furthermore, you included a BUY IT NOW option without disclosing any information to potential buyers that the B-I-N amount would only apply to a single vent. I'll also point out that you did not have a separate listing for another vent at the time of this auction - OR - a quantity selection in this auction to verify your claim that the vents are "$55.00 each, plus the $10 shipping for both vents." Buy choosing your B-I-N option, I agreed to pay your $55 asking price and $10 shipping charge. You said, "They sell as a pair."
What's the confusion about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliguy View Post
HEY, those are my vents!!!! I didn't even get the email that they had sold. Glad someone posted on here so I could check. There is actually some confusion...I listed them for $55 each (there are 2 of them) and the guy sent me the $55 plus shipping. I told him they sell as a pair and asked if he is still interested. Sooo, we will see what he says. They may still be on the market. $55 for both sure would have been a GREAT deal!
q2usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:12 PM   #5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by q2usmc View Post
Funny - I'm the guy who purchased these! You should thank drbodzin for steering me to your auction.

However, since you say there is some confusion, I'd like to post my following response to the email I received from you this morning via ebay and clarify the incorrect statement you made earlier in this thread:

Hi - Your listing clearly states "2003 Porsche Boxster side intake vents" in the plural form. The item description for your listing reads: "I am selling the left side and right side air intake vents from my 2003 Porsche Boxster. These vents will also fit your 1997-2002 Boxster and update its styling."

Your listing does not specify that the auction is for an invidual vent; Left or Right. Furthermore, you included a BUY IT NOW option without disclosing any information to potential buyers that the B-I-N amount would only apply to a single vent. I'll also point out that you did not have a separate listing for another vent at the time of this auction - OR - a quantity selection in this auction to verify your claim that the vents are "$55.00 each, plus the $10 shipping for both vents." Buy choosing your B-I-N option, I agreed to pay your $55 asking price and $10 shipping charge. You said, "They sell as a pair."
What's the confusion about?
The only confusion is on the seller's side. You purchased two vents for $55. In heliguy's defense, this was his first eBay auction, so maybe he simply made a rookie mistake. Good luck.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:51 PM   #6

Kjc is correct on the rookie mistake. USMC, I sent you an email explaining this and how sorry I am for the confusion.

heliguy is offline   Reply With Quote