Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 10:59 AM   #1

WTB: DME/Immobilizer/Key Setup

Hi! I am in need of a DME/Immobilizer/Key combo to fix my Boxster. Mine is a '00 S, manual, so it needs to have the same part numbers as that. Let me know what you have. I have only been able to drive my new car for a couple of weeks before the computer bit the dust. I'm trying to get back on the road as quickly and as economically as possible. Thanks in advance.

Alan

Black Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #2

The is a company in Florida that might be able to repair your existing DME/Immobilizer. The place is called Specialized ECU Repair. You can find them at Specialized ECU Repair, Replacement, & Testing - Restore or Exchange your Electronic Control Unit (ECU).

Other forum members have had problems and had them do the job for a very reasonable price. I'd suggest giving the website a look and making a call to see if they can help.

Last edited by thom4782; 02-19-2013 at 12:52 PM.
thom4782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:18 AM   #3

Got a complete setup (DME, Immobilizer, and column w/ key) from an '03 manual trans.

Part numbers (asking price individually):
996.618.604.00 ECU
996.618.262.03 Immobilizer
996.347.007.05 Column

Asking $1200 plus shipping as a complete setup. ECU Doctor charges $675 if your DME can be repaired, $1075 + 300 core if you're doing an exchange. That's for the DME alone.

More pics (and lots more parts) available at Porsche various for sale - a set on Flickr

Contact sales@zsamotorsport.com if you're interested.
ZSA Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:20 AM   #4

thom4782,

I appreciate the contact. I've actually heard of them before, and they are still on my radar. However, the cost of repairing my DME is the same price as buying a used DME/Immobilizer/Key on E-bay. I'm trying to weigh my options, as well as seeing if anyone is willing to sell their stuff for less than $675-$700. We'll see where it goes, I guess. Thanks again.

Black Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote