Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 09:19 AM   #1
DIY extremist

WTB front and rear bumper covers, in Black

Car got nailed in front by SUV backing into it with Trailer hitch, and then rear received a "mystery" car door corner impact in my parking garage a week later. I'm gonna need a new front bumper (mine is too damaged to fix) and am also interested in a rear if anyone has one I can get polished rather than repainting altogether.

Last edited by black_box; 02-19-2013 at 09:21 AM.
black_box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #2

There's a seller on eBay that sells bumper covers he has repaired. This is probably the best route considering new aftermarket polyurethene bumper covers are going to cost you a lot of money.

Of course, there's always salvage. You could buy salvaged bumper covers and have your body shop smooth them out and respray them.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:22 AM   #3
DIY extremist

I've been looking for this seller, but he doesn't seem to have anything listed right now...
black_box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:58 PM   #4
San Diego Boxster

Garage
I have two black OEM Porsche Front bumper covers. One if for a base 1998 Boxster. The other is from a 996 and fits the Boxster too. I took the stock one off about 10 years ago and its been sitting in my garage. The 996 bumper has been on my car since then, but just got replaced by a new GT2 bumper. Let me know if you are interested in either. I am located in San Diego, CA.
drbodzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:28 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbodzin View Post
I have two black OEM Porsche Front bumper covers. One if for a base 1998 Boxster. The other is from a 996 and fits the Boxster too. I took the stock one off about 10 years ago and its been sitting in my garage. The 996 bumper has been on my car since then, but just got replaced by a new GT2 bumper. Let me know if you are interested in either. I am located in San Diego, CA.
pm sent for 996 front
SF-Rockster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:53 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_box View Post
I've been looking for this seller, but he doesn't seem to have anything listed right now...
Contact him and ask! I think he's in my neck of the woods...

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote