Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #1

WTB Tooling for LN Ims Retrofit

I am new to the forum and have been reading it for some time. I have learned a great deal. I am going to do the ims upgrade on my 02 base boxster and was looking to purchase the required tooling. Thx in advance.

Richard Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:20 AM   #2

Garage
Not sure it's clear what you're looking for. Are you looking for the IMS kit? The tools to install it? If you clarify, I'm sure someone can help...
Old 11-17-2012, 08:02 AM   #3
Homeboy981

Garage
You might try finding a buddy there in TN and order the tool, split the cost and help EACH other install the IMS.

I am cheap about most things. This would NOT be something I would skimp on and would buy it new….so there are no nicks, deviations, or anything that would cause the IMS tool to go bad, not sure what that would take. Invariably the guy selling his on ebay would be the one that had a nick in it, and, after you have installed it, you find a seal leaking or the bearing is not installed correctly or something.

Just a thought, I have NOT done mine yet. It is my winter project, so I too will be doing soon.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:50 AM   #4

If you decide to replace ims, pm me. My tool kit is on loan and you can borrow it next when it's back.
2000 Boxster S 3.2L
1990 Land Rover Defender 6x6
Bala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #5

Ims retrofit tooling

Thx folks, Bala will lend me the required tooling

Richard Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote