Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #1

Porsche Boxster S Pressure Plate - 30K Miles Only

Came of a 2002 Porsche Boxster S
30,000 miles on it
A few of the springs slightly bent as shown in pictures
Otherwise mint condition
MSRP - $1,100
Online - $680
First $190 takes it, price INCLUDES SHIPPING! This thing is super heavy, pretty much want to give it away to anyone that needs it.

Kianfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #2

Bump, I just realized the used item like this is selling in the 600 dollar range. I'd love to help the members, and will honor my initial price of $190. However, after this week if not sold, I'll be updating the price to accumulate the real market value. Price is simply too low, on a 1000 dollar unit, which sells new, and in the 600-800 range for used.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:58 PM   #3

Dude, that PP looks like junk. And in what parallel universe does it sell used for $600. A brand new clutch kit, PP, clutch plate and release bearing goes for $500.

2000 Boxster 2.7l red/black

Previous cars

1973 Opel Manta
1969(?) Fiat 850 Convertible
1979 Lancia Beta Coupe
1981 Alfa Romeo GTV 6
1985 Alfa Romeo Graduate
1985 Porsche 944
1989 Porsche 944
1981 Triumph TR7
1989 (?) Alfa Romeo Milano
1993 Saab 9000
san rensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by san rensho View Post
dude, that pp looks like junk. And in what parallel universe does it sell used for $600. A brand new clutch kit, pp, clutch plate and release bearing goes for $500.
+1 ....... :d
seventythree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #5

How funny that I just read this post. I actually just flipped through a page in Excellence and thought how cool it was to see a Sachs disc, pressure plate, and release bearing for only $399.95! June '12 edition of Excellence, p. 115. The ad is for Zims Autotechnik.

I have no vested interest in the purchasing or selling of your pressure plate. Just an observation on current market prices for clutch kits.
bar10dah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #6
Theoretical propagandist

Garage
Sorry to say, but putting used components in a car that requires as much effort to get to it as a clutch job does is a non starter. Quoting retail price does nothing to add to the value of a used clutch to begin with nor stating what the market is "supposedly" selling for corrects for what is a hard used item.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:13 PM   #7

Thanks for the input. Price will stays at 190 until sold or will be sold to used mechanic part for wholese price this weekend. Thanks
Old 05-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kianfar View Post
Thanks for the input. Price will stays at 190 until sold or will be sold to used mechanic part for wholese price this weekend. Thanks
Is this a joke or are you delusional?

2000 Boxster 2.7l red/black

Previous cars

1973 Opel Manta
1969(?) Fiat 850 Convertible
1979 Lancia Beta Coupe
1981 Alfa Romeo GTV 6
1985 Alfa Romeo Graduate
1985 Porsche 944
1989 Porsche 944
1981 Triumph TR7
1989 (?) Alfa Romeo Milano
1993 Saab 9000
san rensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #9

You know, mechanical fixes doesn't always mean, BUY NEW, REPLACE NEW. In 3rd world countries were NEW PARTS are exotic items to the rich, the MECHANICS FIX PARTS, not replace them like they do here. They buy used parts in USA, and fix them and sell them as REFURBISHED! Not delusional my friend, just informed.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:01 AM   #10

Garage
Who, in a third world nation, thinks that buying new parts is exotic when they're driving a Porsche Boxster? You should have turned your pressure plate in on core or sell in for scrap.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:20 AM   #11

I'm all for setting your own prices. It's your item to sell. Afterall, if you price too high, who cares? The only person you're hurting is yourself since no one will pay for your item at that price. But, that's the point. Folks here (albeit, kinda harshly, but it's the internet. you've got to have thick skin) are trying to help you find a reasonable price to sell your item for. Pretty much no one will pay nearly full price for such a high wear item, that's not in the best of shape, when they can get a brand new part for just a little more money.

But, if you want to compare prices for used items out on the market, check out these two ads. Both ads are offering both the pressure plate and the clutch plate for only $169 + $21 shipping.

Porsche Boxster clutch 97-99 used | eBay

Old 05-09-2012, 03:27 AM   #12

I'm all for setting your own prices. It's your item to sell. Afterall, if you price too high, who cares? The only person you're hurting is yourself since no one will pay for your item at that price. But, that's the point. Folks here (albeit, kinda harshly, but it's the internet. you've got to have thick skin) are trying to help you find a reasonable price to sell your item for. Pretty much no one will pay nearly full price for such a high wear item, that's not in the best of shape, when they can get a brand new part for just a little more money.

But, if you want to compare prices for used items out on the market, check out these two ads. Both ads are offering both the pressure plate and the clutch plate for only $169 + $21 shipping.

I haven't seen any pressure plates being sold by themselves, so not sure what they're going for, but would venture to say probably less than $100 to include shipping. Maybe even less, since in your first post you said :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kianfar View Post
...pretty much want to give it away to anyone that needs it.
So I would guess you're not trying to make a profit off it anyways. So why sell so high? You could probably offer it up for the cost of shipping and $20 for your troubles and someone MAY take it. I say may because first, someone would have to have a need for the part. You can price it at $0 and still have no buyers if no one needed it. And secondly, you have to incentivize it. There's no incentive to purchasing a wear and tear item, especially a pressure plate, if the savings aren't extraordinary.

Like I said, just trying to help. If you're really trying to get rid of it, you've got to be more realistic. But, in the end, it's your part. Price as you see fit.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:20 PM   #13
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
I actually got a whole kit new on ebay shipped free for $332.95. Got it from "theimportexperts". 3 piece kit. It didn't seem to be a rebuilt, it was sold to me as new...I installed it in Dec.

In the end I could have reused my old one, it had only 55k miles on it and really was in great shape. Knowing what I know now I would buy a used one like yours for about $50. The problem is they are very heavy and the shipping would kill your profit. See if you can sell locally. Good luck!

00-04 PORSCHE BOXSTER 3.2 986 SACHS NEW CLUTCH KIT (390375186596)
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:22 PM   #14

I didn't see this thread until now, let's make this right. Car is sold, and this is just sitting in my garage. Anyone in Northern Virginia, feel free to stop by and pick it up. Just give me 30-40 bucks cash for it if you want. If you want it shipped, just pay for shipping and some $$$. I never intentend to make money off this.