986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/)
-   -   3 Spoke Tip Leather Wheel for sale (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/3490-3-spoke-tip-leather-wheel-sale.html)

RandallNeighbour 08-22-2005 05:38 PM

3 Spoke Tip Leather Wheel for sale

I have a 3 spoke Tip wheel (No airbag) in good condition that I'm selling for $225 if anyone is interested. PM me soon or it will go up on Ebay.

RandallNeighbour 08-23-2005 12:36 PM

Bump!.................

RandallNeighbour 09-01-2005 09:32 AM

This black leather tiptronic wheel is still for sale and I'm willing to sell it for a reasonable price to one of you forum people because we're like family. Send me a private message if you are interested.

Otherwise, I'll put it on ebay over the weekend.

RandallNeighbour 09-06-2005 11:56 AM

Sold on ebay - $200.00. Considering I paid $81.00 including shipping for it off Ebay, I'd say I did well on this buy/sell!

ceboyd 09-07-2005 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Sold on ebay - $200.00. Considering I paid $81.00 including shipping for it off Ebay, I'd say I did well on this buy/sell!

LOL.. like family BUT you wanted $225 from 'your family' yet you admit paying only $81 with shipping? LOL

RandallNeighbour 09-07-2005 01:10 PM

Oh, my friend, you have obviously not learned a very important principle of buying and selling items: Buy low, sell high. I bought that tip wheel at a ridiculously low price on Ebay so I could use it for a few months and sell it, making enough profit to buy the non-tip wheel I really needed. Tip wheels on Ebay are going for $200 right now. I gouged no one... I just made far more profit than you might have expected, which brings me to the second most important principle of buying and selling:

If you don't make a profit off friends and family, you will always be broke. Now I am not saying rip their heads off by overcharging them and taking advantage of them... but I am saying that selling goods for their actual value to friends and family instead of giving them "invoice deals" on every thing you sell will keep you out of the poor house.

Now let me add just one last comment. My third post in this thread stated that if anyone was interested, they should PM me with a reasonable price... had I been offered a reasonable amount (even one below $150) from anyone on this forum, I would have sold it to them.

Since I had no takers here, I wrote some good description copy and sold that rascal overnight with a buy-it-now button.

Porschekid 09-08-2005 06:25 AM

All he was saying is that he would offer it at a better price for us than on Ebay. He's not exactly forcing you to buy it...