Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2005, 10:04 AM   #1

Boxster Speedster Cover for Sale

Hey Guys,

I'm selling my Boxster's speedster cover (Part no. 986 504 994 01 G2X). Here's the ebay site (all of the info is there);

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=7992579307&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT

Thanks,

spgribben007

spgribben007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:49 AM   #2

Just a reminder that I only put this ebay listing up for 5 days. spgribben007
Old 08-10-2005, 01:28 PM   #3

Are these aftermarket humps or factory ones bought through the Porsche counter or purchased with the car?

The reason I ask is that some of the aftermarket ones made use a fastener that goes around the center of the rollbar area which makes using the clear center windscreen impossible. I don't think the factory humps are secured this way.

PS - saw your ebay auction and wondered about this issue. Glad to see you're a 986forum family member and accessable. Do reply when you can as I am interested!
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 12:34 AM   #4

I can tell from the pictures they are the new style factory humps.

Ugly.
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 04:58 AM   #5

RandallNeighbour - I beleive that they are factory humps and I have had no problems with them on and my clear windscreen.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:19 AM   #6

Good to know. I always wondered about the velcro bands around the rollbar I've seen on some... which looked very secure but poorly designed.

Speedster humps are loved or hated, that's for sure. I would imagine you're selling yours because of the hassle of removing them when you needed to pop into a store and wanted to raise the top?

My quandry is that your current listing price is more than I can buy them for new from an aftermarket supplier, painted black to match my car. I just don't know how theirs attaches to the car.

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 08-11-2005 at 06:21 AM.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:08 AM   #7

Both the old and new style humps use the velcro straps around the rollbar.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:03 AM   #8

The only velcro straps are the ones on the black carrying bags. These humps have on one side a turn handle that fits in snug where the hardtop handles goes if you had a hard top. There are a clip that slides under the roll bar and a clip that goes under the retractable top. The two sides are attach like a male/female kind lip and when everything is done it's pretty secure even at high speeds (+100mph).
Old 08-11-2005, 11:31 AM   #9

Doh! You caught Jeff (Tool Pants) finally chirping in and being wrong!

That's a first :dance:
Old 08-11-2005, 02:16 PM   #10

Not yet.

His ebay deal does not have the velcro straps for the rollbar in the pic. The only velcro he knows is for the storage bags. He has the new style factory humps with the vinyl storage bags and there are velcro strips to close the bag.

The original style had cloth padded storage bags. Also velcro strips to close the bag, but in a different location.

I have installed the old and new style factory humps.

Here are the velcro straps not shown in his ebay picture. He is talking about velcro for the storage bags. Not the velcro straps for securing the humps to the rollbar.

But he just deleted the Porsche part number from the auction.

Might be fake humps. Made in China.

Last edited by Tool Pants; 08-11-2005 at 03:02 PM.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:24 PM   #11

They always wait for the great ones to fail. I never doubted you, TP.
98Boxster98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 06:53 PM   #12

Ditto on TP
Old 08-23-2005, 05:31 AM   #13

I will never doubt the great TP again. I bought the car with a hard top and the humps and never knew about the missing straps and was never told. So, I assumed that what I received was it. I humps fit fine and even though now I see where the straps go on I made the mistake by trusting the third party selling me the car. The humps have the porsche part number on back the there are made in Germany.
Maybe at this time TP could help me fix my problem with a busted latch that holds the center wind deflector (sorry for not knowing the correct part names). I was doing about 115mph on the highway when the center wind deflector started to rattle. I quickly slowed down in fear of loosing it and when I got home I notice that the latch (passenger side) that helps hold in place the deflector wasn't securing it. And when I remove the center piece a small plastic broke off of the latch. Can I remove this latch from the roll bar without taking the entire roll bar padding off? I can wiggle it but I don't want to force anything before I know that I won't do more damage.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:09 AM   #14

I've seen posts here and Renntech that state that replacement latches can be purchased through a dealer parts counter. If you do some searching I bet you can find those threads with the parts numbers embedded within.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:39 AM   #15

old part number but some direction on how clip is installed (pop rivet gun).

Revised clip part number
98Boxster98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 11:45 AM   #16

98boxster98 - Thanks for the renntech thread.