Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 08:09 AM   #1
Boxster Abuser

Boxster Spec 2.5L for sale - $2500 obo

I am selling my used 2.5L Boxster engine. Moving to a 3.6L and out of Boxster Spec so my 2.5L is not needed anymore.

This is the original motor that came with my chassis, had approx. 132k miles when I started tracking it. Has about 134k miles on it now. Every service with receipts had been done up to that point ,and oil (Mobil 0-40) had never gone longer than 5k miles between changes. Since track use started, the oil got changed every other event, or about every 5 hours of use. Track oil was Brad Penn 15-40.

At approx 132k miles, modifications were made for the Boxster Spec racing class:
Brand new spark plugs
New factory X-51 oil pan installed
Brand new oil seperator
Brand new water pump
New lower temp thermostat
Brand new L&N IMS bearing
Underdrive Pulley installed
Brand new drive belt
Removed A/C Compressor
Removed heater fittings
Removed all cosmoline

The car dynoed at the last event (11/13/11) at a max of 186 hp at the wheels, which puts the motor over 210hp so it is still very strong. Motor is in great condition, does not leak oil. Would make a great Boxster spec motor or spare. Asking $2500 OBO, looking to sell quickly to fund new motor swap so make me an offer if interested. Located in Lake Forest, CA, shipping can be arranged if necessary at buyers expense. I have three transmissions for sale as well in other ads.
Send me an email at eric@herg.net

Eric523 is offline   Reply With Quote