986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/)
-   -   Fs: Ghl - '00 986 (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/31268-fs-ghl-00-986-a.html)

Devin - CT 11-25-2011 01:55 PM

Fs: Ghl - '00 986

For sale is a used GHL that I took off of my '00 986 a year and a half ago. I am the second owner, the previous owner professionally welded / reinforced the studs to prevent cracking. Located in CT but buyer pays shipping. $400 OBO.

devin_roccisano at yahoo dot com

vitaminC 11-25-2011 02:14 PM

GHL? :confused:

thstone 11-25-2011 04:00 PM

I believe that GHL is an aftermarket exhaust...

DenverSteve 11-25-2011 06:12 PM

Seems like the seller should clarify, if he/she is interested in selling. GHL? Never heard of that part.

thstone 11-25-2011 10:43 PM

GHL manufactured Porsche exhaust components. Pretty common. Kind of like saying that someone has a set of Michelin's for sale. Sorry, didn't mean to upset anyone.

MileHighBoxster 11-25-2011 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thstone (Post 265748)
GHL manufactured Porsche exhaust components. Pretty common. Kind of like saying that someone has a set of Michelin's for sale. Sorry, didn't mean to upset anyone.

Kind of like, indeed. If someone said they had a set of Michelin take-offs for sale, I would need more information too. What size, what model, what speed rating.. The poster doesn't clarify what he/she has thus the questions are completely legitimate. So what are the specifics of the "GHL" you have for sale?

It appears he/she posted the same item for sale 11 months ago, and hasn't been heard from since.

ChrisZang 11-26-2011 07:07 AM

Just do a search for "GHL" in the handy, dandy search bar up there, and you get all the information you need. Aftermarket exhausts and the GHL have been discussed to death here.
In summary: (I had a GHL for more than a year, until the wife told me that either the exhaust goes or she - hmmm maybe I should have opted for the exhaust ;-)
If you can live with the drone between 2.5k and 3k and like a LOUD exhaust you will absolutely love it. The sound is absolutely amazing, sounds more like an exotic supercar than a Porsche though.
The Achilles heels of the GHL are the poor quality of the welds of the studs to mount it (apparently the seller has taken care of it) and the aforementioned drone.
I think the base and "S" have different mount points for the exhaust, so be sure that it fits your model

The Radium King 11-26-2011 08:48 AM

Quote:

Seems like the seller should clarify, if he/she is interested in selling. GHL? Never heard of that part.
meh. if you don't know what it is, you probably don't want it. if you want to know what it is, then ask, as the initial responder did, or search. simple.