Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2011, 05:24 AM   #1

WTB Broken Headlight Assembly

I am looking for a boxster headlight assembly that is unusable. I have a set of litronic assemblies that have terrible lenses and a set of standard assemblies that have excellent lenses. I want to try some dis-assembly and would like to experiment on a already useless assembly before I end up with two useless sets. The one important thing is for the assembly to have some portion of the lens and back frame intact. I have called all of the local salvage yards and they save only re useable parts and scrap the rest so they have nothing I can use. Any help would be appreciated.

dragonflyoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:09 AM   #2

I have them. Fits 97-04. PM me with an offer.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:42 AM   #3

I no longer need the headlights. I have come up with a solution. I was checking for Porsche parts and came across a site that had notes about removing lenses. The method was to place the assemblies in and oven pre-heated to 200 degrees for 20 minutes and pry them apart. If not free then heat longer. I heated mine for 30 minutes and viola! the lens separated from the case, I spent many hours cleaning up the old silicone and now have a good set of headlights.

dragonflyoh is offline   Reply With Quote