Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2011, 09:15 PM   #1

Lightbulb For Sale; Litronic Xenon Boxster Headlights

I'm selling a pair of Litronic Xenon Headlights for 986 Boxster. :dance:

Headlights are in great working condition, illuminus and light up beautifully!

Both are missing weather striping which isn't very noticeable when installed. One has light scratches on exterior and a broken tab that secures rear cover (not visible when installed and still secured w/2 screws; so no issues there). If your OK with this, then you're going to love these!

If you have issue with condition, you can always use the components off these lights and retrofit them to your existing housing to complete your very own PERFECT CONDITION-OEM Litronic Xenon Headlight set.

Asking $900.00, well under what I paid but figured I could use money elsewhere.

Pictures are of actual headlights being sold.

Best regards,

Junior

Attached Images

Last edited by jrdiesel01; 10-30-2017 at 09:05 AM.
jrdiesel01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:11 AM   #2

Did you happen to also get the control box for these?
wulfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:59 AM   #3

$900 is a really good price for these, even if you have to rob a few parts off your old headlamps to put the pieces on these new ones and the control box is missing (assumed since it wasn't described or pictured).

I bought mine new years ago for $1,200 and now, if you can find them, they're over $2,000. Junior, you should be able to sell these without a problem. I can't believe they're not already sold.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:00 PM   #4

Thumbs up

Wulgang-PM sent.

Randallneighbour-agreed; great price to pay for this rare opportunity.

I know I'm going to get grief for this but reason for sale is to support supercharger installation and tuning cause.

More to come on supercharger.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:03 AM   #5

Hey, you'll get no grief from me! I want more HP as well... I just don't want to blow my M96 doing it. So I'm waiting for someone to perfect a Subaru or LS1 motor swap and make a kit for it.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:56 AM   #6

Control Box

I have a 2003 986. Will I need any additional parts to use these to update my current installation? I saw the comment from wulfgang about a control box and want to be sure I won't need to request more money from the joint owner.
Jim
dragonflyoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:21 PM   #7

Control Boxes

Contacted local Porsche Dismantler whom assured me there is nothing else to buy. Lights are straight forward install plug and play on any Boxster from 1998 to 2004. Nothing else to buy. The "control boxes" are attached to the rear of each light. Everything needed is attached to these.

By the way; Porsche Dismantler had another used pair to sell for $1800.00! Get 'em here for half price..

Please call/text or email junior at 562.500.5673 or socalcitizen@aol.com.

Last edited by jrdiesel01; 09-19-2011 at 08:36 PM.
jrdiesel01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:46 AM   #8

Thank you. email sent.
Jim
Old 10-14-2011, 06:58 AM   #9

For Sale Again

I purchased the lights and upon receipt found they were not fit for my car. They function as advertised but their appearance is makes them unsuitable for my car. I sent seller, junior, a note about the condition and he said he was "appalled" that I felt that way and said he had others looking to buy them and I should just sell to some else if I decide to. The lenses look like they were driven in a sandy environment lots of fine dots cover the surface, about six inches of the edge on the passenger side lens looks like it was scratched along a concrete wall, both lenses have several scratches some that are deep and will not be able to be polished out and if you plan on using the parts from these to update yours be advised the lenses must be removed which is a major undertaking, before you can do that. So here goes, any takers?
Old 10-15-2011, 04:26 PM   #10

Can you post some pics of the scratches? I was interested before, and I still am, but not at $900. How much do you want for them?

Despite what some people pay for these, I just let a pristine pair go by on ebay for just $550, and they were local (yes, I'm stupid). Excellent condition 997 lights (which are all xenons) go for under $1k/pair all day on ebay, and so I refuse to jump on the bandwagon that keeps the prices of 986/996 litronics upwards of $1k. They are simply not worth that much, especially now that they are 10 years old.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:25 AM   #11

I had hopes of getting something close to my $940 back but from your message and a couple of PM's it Looks like I am just out the $$$. I was watching ebay and never saw any HID lights for under $450. Wish I had purchased them on ebay and could have them involved. Live and learn.
I am going to attempt a removal of the lens and transfer parts. I ordered some silicone remover and IF that works I will be able to use the electronics and throw away the trash I purchased. Photos. attached
Attached Images

Last edited by dragonflyoh; 10-16-2011 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Attach photos
Old 10-16-2011, 06:44 PM   #12

You might try doing a google search on urethane headlight restoration. I've seen some decent results that come from clear coating lenses that have deeper scratches. A good sprayer should be able to get them like glass with 3-5 coats, and it probably wouldn't cost more than ~$100.

If you're removal/replacement goes ok, I might be interested in buying the bad lenses to see if I can restore them. I've already got an HVLP sprayer (that's been in storage for 5 years now), and a can of clear coat isn't that expensive.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfgang View Post
Excellent condition 997 lights (which are all xenons) go for under $1k/pair all day on ebay.
I'm trying to understand if all 986 litronics use a halogen bulb for the high beam. It seams that way if 997 lights are "all xenons". Would you also describe that as bi-xenon?
baxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 06:01 AM   #14

I came across a site that had notes about removing lenses. The method is to place the assemblies in and oven pre-heated to 200 degrees for 20 minutes and pry them apart. If not free then heat longer. I heated mine for 30 minutes and viola! the lens separated from the case, I spent many hours cleaning up the old silicone and now have one good set of headlights and a set with lousy lenses. I am pressing on with VISA to see if I can recover half of my $$ as I could have sold the original set for $450. I have the lenses if you are interested. I tried Miguiar's plastic cleaner and it worked on the minor scratches but the gouges are going to take some serious work. There is also an area that looks like a liquid splash that left an area that the Miguiar's did not touch. Maybe UV protection layer?