Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2011, 11:38 AM   #1

FS: '98 Boxster parts (hard top, convertible top, bike rack, interior)

(Post updated Sept 2 2011)

I'm in the process of turning my very nice 1998 Boxster into a Spec Boxster. Many, many parts have already come off the car and more will as the month proceeds. I am offering these parts for sale, of course! Colors are Arena Red paint, black top and interior with leather, and the usual gray trunk carpet lining.

Pretty much every bit of interior and trunk carpet and trim (except the dashboard face) will be removed, including what's behind the driver such as the roll bar and convertible top. I also have quite a few extra accessories like the hard top and hoist, 18" wheels, Brey-Krause parts, etc. In general, the parts are in terrific shape because I have always garaged and maintained the car well, but it is a 13 yo daily driver so some items have usual wear from use.

I have a page with more info a complete listing of parts and when they will be available if not already. Please email me at (trygve at bombaydigital dot com) if you are interested in something, or want more details about some item, or think I might have something coming off the car that I forgot about.

Info here: INFO
Complete listing here: DETAILS

Last edited by trygve; 09-02-2011 at 01:29 PM. Reason: updated info
trygve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:50 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to ultimate1 Send a message via Yahoo to ultimate1
What color are your seats?
ultimate1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:42 PM   #3

Dibs on roof transport/bike racks.
brp987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:55 PM   #4

Interested in:
- Center Console / Ashtray
- License plate light
- Sun Visors with working doors
- Driver Side Vent
- Passenger Side Cupholder ( style that clips in vent )
- Trim covers by convertible latch ( they cover bolts and motion sensors )
- Driver Side Headlight Pigtail

What color is the rear trunk cargo mat with net and tie-downs?

I'm sure there's more, but that's about all I can think of right now.

Thanks,

Nitro
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #5

Interested in steering wheel and air bag if a 3 spoke
Shotokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:50 AM   #6

Initial answers

Thanks guys. I am going to take some pictures today and come up with asking prices. In the meantime, answers to your questions:

@ultimate1: seats are black (leather, heated)

@Nitro:
- not sure if I will keep the center console in the race car, but it will probably go
- dash vents will probably all be kept even with roll cage
- I *do* indeed have the cupholders that unfold and snap into the side dash vents
- I suspect most of those little trim pieces will be coming off
- I need to keep the headlights functional, but I'm not sure what "pigtail" you are referring to
- rear trunk mat is gray like the trunk carpet; net is black, tie-down straps are grey

@Shotokan:
- Sorry, the steering wheel is the plain old 4-spoke kind
Old 08-14-2011, 04:26 PM   #7

Sent a PM!
rdougan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:36 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp987
Dibs on roof transport/bike racks.
Can I call second in line if brp987 decides not to get them?
bar10dah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by trygve
Thanks guys. I am going to take some pictures today and come up with asking prices. In the meantime, answers to your questions:

@Nitro:
- not sure if I will keep the center console in the race car, but it will probably go
- dash vents will probably all be kept even with roll cage
- I *do* indeed have the cupholders that unfold and snap into the side dash vents
- I suspect most of those little trim pieces will be coming off
- I need to keep the headlights functional, but I'm not sure what "pigtail" you are referring to
- rear trunk mat is gray like the trunk carpet; net is black, tie-down straps are grey
Thanks for the response -- I totally understand you need to keep some of these. I'm just happy to get some of these and shorten my "to do" list. Looking forward to pics and prices.....

Nitro
Old 08-15-2011, 02:32 AM   #10

photos and prices

OK, I took a bunch of photos and looked around to come up with what I think are reasonable asking prices. Below is a page full of information on the currently available parts.

http://www.bombaydigital.com/boxster/parts/

I'm happy to take more photos and email them if you have something specific you want to see.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:07 AM   #11

Trygve,
Why dont you do youself a HUGE favor and keep your Very nice street car as is and buy and already totally preped Arena Red Spec Box that has a great track record and every possible "legal" Spec Boxster option. this is one of if not thee best builds out there as of now. I have just the car for you and might even consider your car as partial payment.

Give me a shout if your interested.

Tim

443-834-9620
Tim Costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:17 AM   #12

I am interested in the center console that has the ash tray and compartment.

I am also interested in the sun visors.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:51 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectM96
I am interested in the center console that has the ash tray and compartment.

I am also interested in the sun visors.
He is unsure if he will sell the centre console, and if he does, I'm first in line!
rdougan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:18 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdougan
He is unsure if he will sell the centre console, and if he does, I'm first in line!
Yes, we will have to wait and see if he decides to sell it, but as I read the order of the comments, I think I am first in line ......
Old 08-20-2011, 11:50 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Costa
Trygve,
Why dont you do youself a HUGE favor and keep your Very nice street car as is and buy and already totally preped Arena Red Spec Box that has a great track record and every possible "legal" Spec Boxster option. this is one of if not thee best builds out there as of now. I have just the car for you and might even consider your car as partial payment.
Tim -- your car looks fantastic. I saw it among several posted online during my endless internal considerations over the last year about what direction to go for the Spec Boxster. Ultimately, I decided modifying my own car was the way to go for me, partly because I already have money into many Spec parts (and other race required parts) on the car and I know this car's entire history for good and bad. The additional cost of finishing the build will come out a lot less, although that's not including most of the desirable extras you have!

Trygve
Old 08-20-2011, 12:00 PM   #16

When the time comes to strip the interior, I am pretty certain the center console will go. Of course, it's a large piece, so my preference will be a local buyer with cash so that I can avoid having to pack and ship it.

The visors will go, too. The driver side visor mirror flap doesn't stay up when using the mirror, but other than that they are good.

At some point I'll extend the list to detail the interior items, and ping this thread.

Still have several items ready to go right now -- 18" wheels with very new big meat tires, hard top, Brey Krause roll bar extension, etc.

Trygve
Old 08-23-2011, 08:15 AM   #17

What do you want for the
- Porsche Roof Transport System with two bicycle carrier racks
- Factory Hardtop
I can pick up depending what part of Cali your in.
SF-Rockster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:28 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by trygve
Tim -- your car looks fantastic. I saw it among several posted online during my endless internal considerations over the last year about what direction to go for the Spec Boxster. Ultimately, I decided modifying my own car was the way to go for me, partly because I already have money into many Spec parts (and other race required parts) on the car and I know this car's entire history for good and bad. The additional cost of finishing the build will come out a lot less, although that's not including most of the desirable extras you have!

Trygve

Understand completely. Good luck with the build look forward to seeing some pictures!!!

Tim
Tim Costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:24 AM   #19

@SF-Rockster - The RTS is sale pending, someone is coming up from LA in a couple of weeks to pick it up, so unless that falls through it's taken. The hard top asking price is $1200 and I also have a Sto'Away ceiling hoist/storage system for it. I'm in Alameda. Check out the pictures and details on the listing page:
Old 09-02-2011, 01:30 PM   #20

Many more parts are off the car and available now!

Please check the linked page and the PDF file with the full spreadsheet of info and status.

Thanks,
Trygve