Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2011, 12:52 PM   #1

FS SIR B90-P bearing tool

I have a SIR B90-P bearing tool for sale, got it from a forum member here.
Used 3 times, once by Og57 and 2 times by me.

Comes with box, instructions and all the attachements

200$ shipped in lower USA

Thanks
Sasha

Attached Images

Last edited by sasha055; 02-18-2011 at 07:28 AM.
sasha055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:45 AM   #2

Bumpity bump
Old 02-23-2011, 10:19 AM   #3

Overpriced; you can get a new one for that money...............
Old 02-23-2011, 12:54 PM   #4

Where?

2 month ago when I got it I looked all over, cheapest one was 320$ shipped from SIR

Thanks
Sasha
Old 02-23-2011, 02:34 PM   #5

A very quick and cursory internet search will turn up several vendors retailing them brand new for around $230; and with slightly more effort, you can definitely do better than that......
Old 02-23-2011, 03:17 PM   #6

I think you're talking about Just the bearing puller as in attached picture.
Same puller can be bought for 240 from SIR or for 190 from ebay or 100 from harbor freight (generic one)
However it doesn't include horseshoe attachement for pulling the hub (B90-3 and B90-3J).

With the B90-3 attachements the tool is 320+ shipping from SIR

Trust me I did a lot of research before pulling the trigger on the whole kit, I even bought the generic puller from Harbor freight.. it didn't work for me

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying please buy from me and if it's overpriced I'll gladly accept it..

Thanks
Sasha
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2011, 06:21 PM   #7

A B90 master set, which includes adaptors for just about everything under the sun (Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, etc.), lists for about $380 (and can be found for less, I know because I have one) and looks like this:

Obviously, that is not what is in your picture. You stated you have a B90-P, which lists for around $230, and looks like this:

SIR was pushing a "bonus kit" at one time, which included the B90-P and the "horse shoe" that had a list price of $320, but also can be found for less if you look around. I think that is what you have. The “horse shoe” can also be purchased separately for about $30 (List).

Sorry to "burst your bubble" but I still think you are asking too much.......
Old 02-25-2011, 07:50 AM   #8

JFP

Think your lists are outdated - SIR now gives a list of $560 for the master set and they can be found for ~$375 - 400.

The set he is selling averages ~275 - 300 most places (pelican is 275)

While it is not a fantastic bargin, it is a fiar price for ~200 considering he will ship it for that (heavy)
jrj3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:35 AM   #9

Actually, my pricing is current. I recently paid a little over $315 for a master set, plus freight, and can still purchase the B90-P for a little over $200. Throw in the horse shoe for another $30. Used shop tooling typically sells for about 50% of street pricing for new unless it is very rare or unusual, so the used tool that sold new for $230 should sell in the $120 range, or perhaps a slight bit more due to rarity. List pricing, by-the-by, is only for reference purposes; most distributors covering the professional shops, like my local, actually sell for less and are typically very competitive. And not to take anything away from Wayne, but Pelican is rarely the cheapest source for this type of purchase.

Last edited by JFP in PA; 02-25-2011 at 08:37 AM.
JFP in PA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:43 AM   #10

JFP - post a link. i've never seen it for less than $275 and IMO $200 is a fair price.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:05 AM   #11

Same as photo above, Handontools , $235. Cost Plus Tools is the same price. My local distributor is about $200.

Last edited by JFP in PA; 02-25-2011 at 09:08 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:07 AM   #12

read the note at the bottom, JFP:

NOTE: To extract the Hub w/o using a slide hammer on Porsche models (excluding 356 or 914) part#'s B 90-3 along with B 90-3J are needed.

you just confirmed what we were saying.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:09 AM   #13

Which costs an additional $30, not $320. To get back on point, used tooling sells for about 50% of street pricing, which is rarely list to begin with..............in this case, $125-135.

Last edited by JFP in PA; 02-25-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:12 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA
Which costs an additional $30.

which brings it up to $265, which is about what everyone EXCEPT you has said that it costs.

add in the b90-3 bracket (another $85) and $200 is starting to look like a pretty good deal, no?

Old 02-25-2011, 09:19 AM   #15

Not in my world, we have rarely ever paid more than 50% of what we could get tooling for new for anything used. And the only time we did pay more than 50% of street price was because it was fairly impossible to find, and even then it never got over 60%. If a tool costs $320 (his best price, which remains in dispute), he sould be looking for something in the $160 range or so, not $200. Good for him if he gets $200, but I don't think he will.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:24 AM   #16

Quote:
Not in my world, we have rarely ever paid more than 50% of what we could get tooling for new for anything used. And the only time we did pay more than 50% of street price was because it was fairly impossible to find, and even then it never got over 60%. If a tool costs $320 (his best price, which remains in dispute), he sould be looking for something in the $160 range or so, not $200. Good for him if he gets $200, but I don't think he will.

good god, man. the guy is just trying to sell some stuff at a REASONABLE price. if you wouldn't pay more than $160, DON'T BUY IT. your first post said that you could get a NEW one for the $200 price. you then provided a web link where an apples to apples version is......THREE FIFTY.

the rest of us might find that a $150 savings for a lightly used model is adequate for us to make the purchase.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:53 AM   #17

OK. Let’s put this to bed, once and for all, as I need to get back under a customer’s car. I did not want, or need the item in the first place; I was just trying to make a considered observation after seeing he was getting no activity on his posting..................

The OP said he has a B90-P for sale used for $200, which I said is too much as it lists new for around $230 or so, as I have demonstrated. Then he said no, it was a kit, and not actually the B90-P, that also contained the horse shoe adaptor, to which I commented that would add another $30 (List for the adaptor is actually between $30 and $35 as there are three size horse shoes for different Porsche models), or about $260 total in my world. He said he could not find it for less than $320, which you and others appear to think, may have been correct at the time. Fine. So if he bought it for that, not knowing you can get it in separately, and paid that amount, then that ($320) should be the basis of the selling price in his world. As he was posting to sell it, and “bumping” it due to inactivity, I made what I still feel is the correct observation based upon years of buying and selling shop tooling, he is asking too much. If he can get the price, God bless him, but I still think it is too much.

I’m out of here.............

Last edited by JFP in PA; 02-25-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:36 AM   #18

Quote:
Not in my world, we have rarely ever paid more than 50% of what we could get tooling for new for anything used. And the only time we did pay more than 50% of street price was because it was fairly impossible to find, and even then it never got over 60%. .
Ahhhh, yes this is what takes place daily in the real world.

To get the maximum price for a tool, part or an accessory one should sell it in a forum where the members are not in tune to what the street price would actually be.

This takes place all the time and everyone is happy.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:59 AM   #19

Sold

I don't know what world do you guys live in, but from my experience(I had to buy all the tools including screwdrivers) used tools that are not outdated or broken.. always go for more then 50% of their price. Even if we go with 50% price..

This set is 320$ online (SIR or pelican parts) even more if you count shipping.
I asked 200$ SHIPPED for it, shipping is 25-30$ plus Paypal takes another 10 out of it.. so in the end I'm getting 160-170$ for it.. How the F did it turn out with me ripping of fellow forum members?

JFP I have a great deal of respect for you, your posts greatly helped me with my AOS and bearing replacements.. but why did you jump at me? what did I do to you?
From time to time it's ok to acknowledge that "I didn't read the post.. just saw the title and decided to post OVERPRICED!"

Thanks
Sasha

Last edited by sasha055; 02-26-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:25 AM   #20

nice. fair price = quick sale. not sure why some people decided to jump in your face.