986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/)
-   -   986 Lapis Blue Hardtop - Planning to sell, but looking for help pricing (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/25878-986-lapis-blue-hardtop-planning-sell-but-looking-help-pricing.html)

JoeFromPA 08-23-2010 07:16 AM

986 Lapis Blue Hardtop - Planning to sell, but looking for help pricing

Hi all,

I have what I believe to be a factory Lapis Blue hard-top for the 986. Matches my lapis blue exterior perfectly, has the defroster hook-up, and appears to be exactly the same as the factory units I've seen online. As far as I can tell, it's in 9.5/10 condition and seals up perfect.

I've realized that I won't really be using it, since my current insurance-plan is to keep it garaged the 3 coldest months of the year. I'd rather not leave it sitting around unused.

Anyway, I'm planning on putting it up for sale along with a Porsche-brand cover for it and a (somewhat worn looking) rolling padded stand to keep the top on.

I've looked around online and, honestly, not found alot of recent comparables. Can anyone give me an idea on how to fairly price this (in the condition I named)? I'd like to sell it fairly quickly (i.e. 2-4 weeks).

Thanks for any and all help. After I get some pictures and an idea of price, I'll post this up officially for sale.

Joe

manolo 08-24-2010 07:58 AM

These aren't worth much as its a strange color. Maybe a couple hundred bucks...

Did I mention I have a Lapis Blue 986S and will take it off your hands? :D :D :D

JoeFromPA 08-24-2010 10:23 AM

hehehe, I thought you were totally serious at first :)

Feel free to make me an offer in PM if you want...if it's anywhere near what I've seen elsewhere, we can definitely enter discussions. I'm awaiting sunshine to take pictures, so I can really show the paint off.

Otherwise, feel free to give me a real starting range to help me out! :)

FUHRIUS 08-24-2010 11:11 AM

I've seen a few recently

some people try to get $1500 for them but they never sell.
I've watched them come and go here in the Bay Area (SF) and the last three I saw sell were all black ones (which is a popular color)...the went for $900 with the spin bolt install kit (excellent condition), $850 for an excellent condition, and $650 with the stand for one with some scratches.

JoeFromPA 08-25-2010 03:30 AM

Thanks Fuhrius. I didn't realize people needed the spin bolt install kit....thought it was standard.

I'll grab some pictures and post up a for sale ad.

kdaday 09-19-2010 06:22 AM

If you still want to sell this I would be interested in it.

superbuick 09-19-2010 07:20 AM

I also have a lapis blue boxster and would be interested in purchasing this top. Have you come to a conclusion on pricing or made a sale yet? I'd likely be able to drive out and pick it up from you as i have a truck.

whitespyder 09-23-2010 02:38 PM

boxster hard top

I am interested and live in Philly. How much??

dannosny 09-29-2010 06:15 PM

Hard Top

I am also interested. Live suburbs of Philly. We just attended the mushroom festival in Kennet Square near you.