Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 04:37 PM   #1

Can you recommend a Porsche Mechanic or Shop in Toronto?

Hi, I wanted to see if anyone has any recommendations for a mechanic or shop in Toronto that is reasonably priced. I have a 99 boxster and am not mechanically inclined at all, so most maintenance things I need to bring the car in. For instance now I have a bulb go out in the instrument cluster and I can only imagine what the cost would be to bring the car to the Porsche dealer to have it changed. Thanks.

vmarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:44 PM   #2

Friend of mine owns HPCARS and he is located at 1890 Lawrence Ave E. He has worked on my old 951 and now the 2002S. Call Mario at (416) 752-7280

Tell him "Jack Villa" sent you ... thats my nickname with him as I fix stuff around his shop ...

2010 Ford F150 FX4 Luxury

Retired after 38 years with the same company.
Jaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:05 PM   #3

Jack Villa, I spoke to Mario today and referenced you. Seems like a good guy. I also asked him about doing an install for the rear speaker shelf and he told me you did the same thing. Interested to know or see a link with the rear shelf speaker you went with as I am considering the same thing. How much has sound improved?
Old 07-20-2010, 05:09 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmarc
Jack Villa, I spoke to Mario today and referenced you. Seems like a good guy. I also asked him about doing an install for the rear speaker shelf and he told me you did the same thing. Interested to know or see a link with the rear shelf speaker you went with as I am considering the same thing. How much has sound improved?
The rear speakers made the sound richer ... filled in the void that was missing. I would do it again ...

There is a set put out by Harvey Peck, harveypnp@comcast.net, , who has a real good package that was around $250 or so. It was last year and his package PNP is rated the BEST! I'm at the office and don't have the receipt with me.

Last edited by Jaak; 07-20-2010 at 05:12 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:20 AM   #5

Thanks. Did you do the install yourself? Curious to see where I could have it done and cost.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:07 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmarc
Thanks. Did you do the install yourself? Curious to see where I could have it done and cost.

It's easy to do it your self! I am handy and am a hands on person.

The instructions include photo's which help. Just need to take your time removing the cubbies in the rear shelf. I took my time and the whole thing could take around an hour to do.