986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/)
-   -   FS 4-Spoke Tiptronic Wheel - A1+ (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/25417-fs-4-spoke-tiptronic-wheel-a1.html)

Lil bastard 07-12-2010 10:43 AM

SOLD! - 4-Spoke Tiptronic Wheel - A1+

FS 4-spoke Tiptronic Steering Wheel and Airbag.

This is in excellent condition having been removed from the car @ only 6,000 miles in favor of the 3-spoke sport steering wheel.

This wheel was removed and then treated with Leatherique prior to being stored indoors bagged and boxed. No marks or wear at all.

Asking $250 - the Tiptronic switches replacement cost alone is $324.

If you have a Tiptronic it's worth it for the switches alone. If you don't have a Tiptronic, this wheel can be used to control the Radio w/ the Tip switches using a fairly easy hack.

Cheers!

favino1006 07-12-2010 03:33 PM

Steering Wheel

Hello Sir,

I'm very interested. May I ask, what color is it? Does the horn portion of it function without any problems? Does it have a colored Porsche crest or non-colored embossed? Do you have any photos?

Thank you in advance for the info!
-ian

Lil bastard 07-12-2010 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by favino1006
Hello Sir,

I'm very interested. May I ask, what color is it? Does the horn portion of it function without any problems? Does it have a colored Porsche crest or non-colored embossed? Do you have any photos?

Thank you in advance for the info!
-ian

It is Black and has the non-color embossed crest on it. These never came with a colored crest, though many have purchased crests for 356's and attached them (not recommended because if the airbag ever deploys, you're likely to have a crest embossed on your forehead!) But, it can be added, in fact, I may have such a crest and if I can find it, I'd include it.

The switches work great and the leather rim is not marked at all. All the stitching is intact and perfect. The vinyl is unmarked and perfect. The horn functions perfectly.

Pic attached:

Cheers!

favino1006 07-13-2010 09:41 AM

re:steering wheel

Thanks for the response and the info. I'd like to go ahead and buy it. I've tried pm'ing you, but it says your box is full... I've attached my contact info below. Thanks!

Talk to you soon,
-ian

Lil bastard 07-13-2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by favino1006
Thanks for the response and the info. I'd like to go ahead and buy it. I've tried pm'ing you, but it says your box is full... I've attached my contact info below. Thanks!

Talk to you soon,
-ian
inthewhisper@hotmail.com

Thanks Ian,

I'll contact you about the wheel via this email addy.

Thanks again,

andy ;)