Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 06:16 PM   #1

Unhappy Need a 3.2 motor mount

Does anyone have a motor mount from a parts car that they are selling cheap? Or is it just best to buy it new?

BoxsterS21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:23 AM   #2

http://www.pedrosgarage.com/Site/Performance%20Products.html

Vote for Pedro!
Old 06-08-2009, 02:02 PM   #3

cheetahonline motor mount

Heads up!! Don't buy the motor mount from Cheetahonline.com, I installed one of his 11 months ago and 2 weeks ago my car developed this strange noise from the suspension that cost me 1500.00 worth of unneccessary parts and labor, finally after a saga I found out that the mount had failed. It seems the rubber bushing in the cheetahonline mount is too soft and slips out of the mount, this created metal to metal contact and rumbling sounds on turns and bumps. I replaced my rear struts and control arms thinking it was the problem, thanks to curious mechanic friend we were able to pinpoint it sound to the replaced mount. I emailed cheetahonline twice never got any answer. I picked up an OEM mount for $175.00 and had it installed for another $100.00. I took some pictures as they were removing the part....long story short buy the OEM part.
Regards,
kamran

kamran66 is offline   Reply With Quote