Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2008, 05:13 PM   #1

FS: Boxster 986 Speedster humps painted black

I am trying to sell these speedster humps I`ve listed them on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=280242992422&rd=1

I am trying to sell these to pick up a new bumper, I`ve only used them like twice the paint is near perfect condition they are off of my 02 Boxster S

joyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:19 PM   #2
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
Does these attach using spinlocks (hardtop mounting points)?
Thanks!
Old 07-08-2008, 01:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000
Does these attach using spinlocks (hardtop mounting points)?
Thanks!

Doubtful. He says in his auction that he was told they were factory but that he could not find the part number on them to confirm. The photos don't look factory to me. The velcro straps are wrong, the hump material does not look like plastic, and of course there's no Porsche part number. I'd doubt then that they would mount with the expensive factory spinlocks. Just my opinion...
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:07 PM   #4

These humps appear to be fiberglass and they do not have any porsche markings on them whatsoever, they also do not use the spinlocks they use straps so my assumption is that they are not factory
joyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:42 PM   #5
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
Thanks!
Old 07-09-2008, 07:26 AM   #6

Yeah, if they're fiberglass, then they're not factory. The factory parts are plastic and all of the aftermarket humps I've seen are fiberglass. No big deal though, you can still mount them okay. I got some factory humps that were brand new but did not include the mounting hardware - so no spinlocks. I went cheap and modified some $8 straps from Walmart with some custom brackets to hold them. They've held up just fine at highway speeds with extended driving. So, if done right I don't see why the aftermarket humps couldn't mount well with straps too...

Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote