986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/)
-   -   Imagine Auto Supercharger For Sale! (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/13734-imagine-auto-supercharger-sale.html)

JAAY 10-17-2007 09:25 AM

Imagine Auto Supercharger For Sale!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Boxs...sspagenameZWDVW

That is the link to the charger. I am selling it on ebay.
Nothing wrong with it, it is just time for a 3.4

986speedster 10-17-2007 03:49 PM

DUDE, you are never satisfied!!! Just go buy a new 997TT, money bags.

meerzee 10-17-2007 03:55 PM

Why not drop a RUF 3.6L 996 engine mod preferably the X51 variety into your Box and be done with it???? If you are going to do it, do it right.....

or just upgrade to faster car.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

JAAY 10-17-2007 07:08 PM

wo wo wo, lets get this straight, No money bags here. I purchased the car almost 4 years ago when I was making 6 figures, I own it, and have no extra money to be dumping into it. I just have really really messed up priorities :) As for the X51, that is way out of my league. I only do all this stuff myself to keep my costs down. I have no clue as to the swap except for what I have read. I am just not scared of auto mechanics. I am very satisfied with the supercharger, I would just like a engine that makes more power instead. Like I said messed up priorities. And again for being money bags, lol, I posted awhile back if anyone had some good ideas for a weekday job. I work on the weekends and could use the extra income, by the way just got back from delivering pizza from my friends resturaunt for some extra bux. :(

JAAY 10-17-2007 07:10 PM

I own a faster car, and have owned many other way faster cars than this. Having a mid engine porsche is just my favorite handling, and styling. Maybe an exige s would be fun, but if you have ever driven one you would know that your shoulders hit your passangers when you go to shift. Not too fun.

tholyoak 10-18-2007 09:06 AM

You might want to drive a 3.4 powered boxster if possible before you decide on the swap.

Todd

waynes986 10-18-2007 10:42 AM

how much more power does this add to the 2.5? also are all necessary parts already included or is there more that needs to be added? thanks.

NickCats 10-18-2007 10:47 AM

Wayne,

I believe the Imagine Auto supercharger will add approx. 80 hp :

http://www.imagineauto.com/boxster%20sc.htm

Real world results were completed on our in-house AWD Mustang Dyno. Base line results were apx 150RWHP increased to 230RWHP. That is a 38% gain by using your weekend to bolt on our supercharger kit.

Nick

Thumper 10-18-2007 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tholyoak
You might want to drive a 3.4 powered boxster if possible before you decide on the swap.

Todd

Ok, I'll bite.....Is that because he won't be as thrilled with the 3.4's power vs the supercharger as they are almost identical? or one is noticeably more powerful than the other?

enquiring minds what to know.....

Also, is a 3.6 swap that much more involved than a 3.4 swap?

tholyoak 10-18-2007 03:05 PM

My 3.4 put down 280hp on Imagine's Dyno. Just saying it might not be the big leap in performance he is looking for. Better to see before you invest the time doing the swap.

On an early car, yes the 3.6 is a lot more work and $$. Gets cheaper with a 2001, is just as easy as a 3.4 on an early car on a 2002-on model.

Todd

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumper
Ok, I'll bite.....Is that because he won't be as thrilled with the 3.4's power vs the supercharger as they are almost identical? or one is noticeably more powerful than the other?

enquiring minds what to know.....

Also, is a 3.6 swap that much more involved than a 3.4 swap?

edevlin 10-18-2007 04:05 PM

"You might want to drive a 3.4 powered boxster if possible before you decide on the swap. "

If you have not already done so, I would also do some messing around with a car with the 3.4 engine. The only 3.4 L I have driven is the 2007 S Boxster with 295 hp 3.4 L which, from what I understand, has a milder state of tune than some of the other 3.4L transplants.

I was underwhelmed. I guess in my mind I had built up this notion of there being a huge increase in performance over my 2000 base, I was somewhat disappointed. Granted it was faster, and had better low-end torque, but I was still suprised it was not what I expected. Dont get me wronge, I would take one in a heartbeat, but still....

Ed

:cheers:

986speedster 10-18-2007 05:22 PM

Just messing with you JAYY. I know you were looking for the part time work. Whats with the Tampa move though?

JAAY 10-21-2007 06:28 AM

Thanks for all the input once again. Going from a 2.5 to a 2.5 supercharged was fun, I would like to just get alittle more power and not have to worry about anything at all. Not that there is alot to worry about with the charger on it, the motor is not meant to have boost and that is a concern to me, I do not drive easy on it. a 3.4 for to me just makes sense. As for the Tampa thing, I think I may invest in some real estate as the market is a buyers market right now. If anyone does have a 3.4 that I can test drive or take a ride in, it would be much appreciated.
J