986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/)
-   -   FS Fabspeed cat back Maxflow exhaust (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-cayman-parts-sale-wanted/11983-fs-fabspeed-cat-back-maxflow-exhaust.html)

maxster 07-02-2007 02:29 PM

FS Fabspeed cat back Maxflow exhaust

For Sale: Fabspeed cat back Maxflow exhaust for 2000 to 2004 boxster & S. Used for six months, driven less than 1,000 miles. Paid $1,500 new asking $1,000 plus shipping. Also including baffles to reduce output noise level, can be installed and removed in a couple of minutes. See manufactures web site for more detail. Complete super high performance system for all Boxster cars. This is the ONLY unique system available anywhere in the world. Each and every other systems is a MAJOR compromise in power and sound as all stock OEM Porsche and aftermarket Boxster mufflers use 1.5” rear inlet TUBES for filling the muffler. Therefore they are all limited in flow and power.
Fabspeed MAXFLO systems features 2.0” 50.2mm pipes that connect to a dedicated high performance muffler system. Complete Boxster dual outlet muffler with mirror show polished tips.
Fabspeed MAXFLO mufflers for 2000-2004 cars include resonators/muffler. Is lightweight and saves 30 lbs in rear of Boxster. "Cat-back" performance muffler system - no effect on 50 state emissions and OEM warranty. Easy bolt-on installation with perfect fit. Super throttle response with lower engine temperatures.

Cloudsurfer 07-03-2007 06:04 AM

Max-

PM Sent.

Patrick

Adam 07-03-2007 11:22 AM

Why are you selling it Max?

maxster 07-03-2007 01:24 PM

The wife does not like

Im selling because my wife doesn't like the noise level. We went on a small vacation and the highway noise level was too much for her (3hr drive). With the drag pipe baffles installed the only time the noise level is objectional is crusing at 60-65mph. Personaly I like the sound. Around town it sounds great, no resonance.

j.fro 07-10-2007 02:14 PM

Are those sport cats that come with it?

Adam 07-10-2007 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j.fro
Are those sport cats that come with it?

Those are not cats, they are resonators. A resonator is typically a straight through tube with some metal mesh around inside perimeter to help quiet down the exhaust some. According to fabspeed you can roll a golf ball through the resonator.

goldnogard 07-11-2007 07:19 AM

Fabspeed cat exhaust

hello, i am interested in buying the system. just not sure how to. could you let me know if its still available, and how do i pay you for it + shipping charges. thanks
Ali

maxster 07-11-2007 08:13 AM

Sold

Thanks everyone for the intrest, but the exhaust has been sold.