View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 02:17 PM   #1
Kas984

FS:2001 Boxster S w/3.8l X51 motor

For sale: Polar silver w/red leather 2001 Boxster S with a 3.8l X51 motor. The car has 69K miles on it, while the motor only has approximately 25k miles on it. The motor conversion was done by Vision motors sports back in 2008. The build is fully documented and was done at a cost of $39k+ by the previous owner. I purchased this car a year and a half ago from the second owner, who owned this car from 2003 until 2017 (he is in his 70's now ).
The car last passed California emissions in 2017 (I live in Indiana where we have no emission testing- thankfully).
The tires have 5k miles on them, clutch has 8k miles on it, fresh rotors and pads less than 1k miles ago. I've put 4k miles on it since I've owned it (and have changed the oil twice so far). This car is pretty highly optioned. Everything works as it should with the exception of the cruise control which is related to the ECU/motor swap. I haven't tried to understand what the issue with it is, but did talk about it with previous owner and he said Vision couldn't figure it out. I purchased this car for a custom project that I have in mind, but in the end it's too nice for me to cut up, so I'm looking to either sell it out right or I would consider interesting Boxster S trades, for a car that runs, but needs body work. I'm asking $25k or best offer.
Pm me if interested.
Thanks
Keith

Kas984 is offline   Reply With Quote