View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 11:23 AM   #11
Rotmilky

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
17" tires are a lot less $$ 255/40-17 rear and 225/45-17 front is a good combo. Pleanty of tire choices available

I recently upgraded my car with M030 ROW springs and struts and camber plates on the front. That and a good performance string alignment made a huge difference. I did not change out the sway bars, still have stock S bars

No more understeer and the turn-in is amazing
The camber plates make a huge difference. I have -2.2 front and -2.5 rear camber now. Without the plates, you get maybe -.9 fromnt
You're not kidding about the price difference. Almost $50 a tire cheaper. If I could find a lightweight 17" wheel in 7.5 and 9 widths with the correct offsets, I'd certainly do it. Not tons of options and most aren't very light -- like 22lbs+. In 18" wheels, a set of O.Z. rims are in the 16-18 lb category and can be ordered thru Tire Rack. So, the lack of light 17" wheels is driving me to 18" at the moment. That said, I might decide that gaining 5 lbs per wheel in 17s, but saving $200 in a set of tires is worth it.

Unfortunately, camber plates aren't legal in SCCA stock. Otherwise, I'd be all over those things.
Rotmilky is offline   Reply With Quote